Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #11
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug. '11 - April Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyuitsme View Post
super corny joke/riddle of the day...

"If April showers bring may flowers...
...what do mayflowers bring?"

some of you gals got it! Pilgrims. yeah, my dad is awesome
just some of the craziness that went on at our house...

* what is yoda's last name? Layhewho (you know...yo-da-lay-he-whooo...yodeling)

*the ever popular what's under there? under where? haha, you said underwear

*and, again, because we are so clever, instead of the woodchuck (you know, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck...), dad did hamster.
as in: how much ham can a hamster stir, if a hamster could stir ham.

yeah, good times.

Advertisement

Last edited by heyuitsme; 04-02-2012 at 08:50 PM.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #12
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey ladies! Just wanted to pop in and catch up on all the babies! Dd and dgs have gone back to Hawaii after my having them here for 6 months. It's SO hard not to kiss on that little booger every day, but I'm happy they are back with her husband and being a family.

How many teeth do your kiddos have? Dgs has SIX! 2 bottom and 4 top! He'll be 8 months on the 7th (gosh, I really can't believe that). He cut three of them the week they flew back to Hawaii.

He's a maniac; crawling, pulling up, trying to take steps - dd is gonna have her work cut out for her! He's still nursing lots and not eating much (does eat Happy Baby puffs and a few of their foods). He is very observant and smart, says Mama and Baba (not sure why he says baba), waving, been giving high-5s for a couple months (dd had to teach him that to show off), and he's learning baby signs. It's insane how much he watches and pays attention to people and goings on. He is very different from his 2 cousins in that way (both within 2 weeks of his age). He doesn't miss a thing!

So enough bragging!! I am gonna linger a bit and see how all these little cuties are doing.

Oh, and did I mention he is perfectly gorgeous?!?
Stacey, wife to Steve, Mom to 26yod, 24yod, 22yod, 20yos, Granny to 4 and #5 due 1/16
Step-mom to 28yoss & step-granny to 5, Caretaker of 2 dogs, 5 cats + Kool & the Gang (my roo and his "chicks")
Christian SAHM/Granny & Disney travel planner - hbirthed, b-fed, cd'd, co-slept, sel/delay vax, didn't circ
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #13
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The on call Dr was not much help. They just told me if his mouth is still moist he's not dehydrated. If he starts feeling like a cotton ball to let them know. He seems to be getting better, but now June has the worst of it. And Izzy has been puking since Friday. It's been such a long sickness and totally wiping me out.

Rant coming: My mom posted on FB about how my kids being sick put her into depression since she can't help. And she asked for prayers for herself. I know it's dumb but I'm bitter that she is depressed that MY kids are sick so she asks for prayers for HERSELF. How hard would it be to ask for prayers for everyone to be well? Okay, off my ranting now.

I tried to make homemade pedialyte and June won't touch it. I think it should have some kind of artificial flavoring in it. Why do I have to be such a dang hippie and not stock any Koolaid in my house? I'm heading to the store ASAP for Otterpops, Koolaid, jello and any other completely nasty stuff my kids would love right now.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #14
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sorry for the mama drama amy. that would make me a little mad too.

lol, so I feel like such a cloth diaper nerd. saw a mom in the library changing her little one and she used cloth diapers. felt like a nerd cuz I knew it was a bum essentials artist series and that the "burp cloth" she used when the baby spit up was a green mountain diaper prefold, newborn size.

need to make a present for my sister and dad today and tomorrow. hopefully elijah and kezia nap good, cuz I'll probably make it during nap.

in other exciting news...we are getting a dishwasher! first time owning one and I am pretty excited. now just need to decide if i should do the dishes before it gets installed tomorrow (so that my kitchen is not a hideous mess) or let them be because, hey, i'm getting a dishwasher!

alright, kids to bed...ready set go!
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #15
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Amy, so sorry the kiddos are still sick. And wow, the prayer request?? Really?? Saying some prayers for your babies.

Naomi, your not alone in you nerdiness! I'm sure we all spot a cd in public and say to ourselves, ya I know that one!

Granny, it sounds like your gs is doing great! Did your dd keep with the CDs or switch? I remember she was struggling with the bulk look. How awesome that you got them for six months!!

Dd nose is green. Well, the stuff coming out of it anyway.

I need to doing something productive but the kids are so fun today!! We've played and played and played and made a bigger mess than we already had. Oops. Dd leaned to 'dance'. I sing to her some silly song and she bobs her head and body to it. It's cute!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #16
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What length amber necklaces are you little ones wearing? Nigel had one but apparently the clasp broke.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #17
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Harpers is 11" and it's a great fit with plenty of growth. I bought her a 13.5" one before are was born because that's what size I always see but it's HUGE. I had a custom 11" made by Angela's Amber on etsy and I came 3 days after I paid.

I think there's an 11" on spots right now actually....

Here's an idea of how long hers is. Not the greatest pic but shows that 11" isn't tight at all. I imagine she'll wear it for another year

Old 04-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #18
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Brittney. Nigel's is 11.5 and it looks to fit her great (of course without the clasp ), but it's tricky, ours are from Inspired by Finn and she has an option of 10.5-11.5 and 11.5-12.5 (due to possible variation).

I don't think I would be comfortable with 10.5 but if it's as long as 12.5 then I KNOW she will chew on it.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #19
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do we have any Texas mamas - all those tornadoes - so scary! I hate that our power goes out about 5 times a year and the rain gets to me (especially in the spring) but man on man, living in tornado alley would just be too much for me. to all you mamas that do live in areas where they are a possibility.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #20
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake
Thanks Brittney. Nigel's is 11.5 and it looks to fit her great (of course without the clasp ), but it's tricky, ours are from Inspired by Finn and she has an option of 10.5-11.5 and 11.5-12.5 (due to possible variation).

I don't think I would be comfortable with 10.5 but if it's as long as 12.5 then I KNOW she will chew on it.
My longer one is Inspired by Finn. I think you'd be okay ordering the 10.5-11.5 one. A 1/2" is so minuscule really and yeah, I wouldn't like a 12.5" because it would be too long.

Ugh the tornados ARE scary. We had our first siren experience about a month ago and we had to wake the kids and huddle in the bathroom since we don't have a basement. It's so terrifying to know that in the bathroom were mostly safe from debris but if it his us, there's nothing we could do. And it's just getting to be 'tornado season' Vanessa I know your right here with me. Do you have a shelter?