Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #191
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug. '11 - April Chat

Sorry about doctor concerns Alison.
I guess I;m kinda surprised at all the concern over smaller kiddos/babies. I mean, so what if a kid is smaller? They are then 1 of the 50 kids that the 50 percentile kid is bigger than. ya know? (Of course, I get that there may be a concern over eating habits or other unknown illness, but if nothing is coming up why are they not considered normal?) Hope the appointment goes well.

well, i'm a crazy woman. I've got the inlaws coming tomorrow and what am I doing? completely rearranging the front room which is also the room they will be staying in. oy. couch, loveseat, 2 bookcases, 2 endtables, an entertainment center and nearly alllllllllllll the kids toys. and i need room for an air mattress. loverly.

Advertisement

Last edited by heyuitsme; 04-27-2012 at 08:25 PM.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #192
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mama's I will try to get back into the swing of keeping up to date here, but I admit, it is HARD.

I am trying to keep Luke (my 2 1/2 year old) socialized because he gets to be a bully if we go too long without playdates.

I've made good friends with @Hilaryisinked here on DS and her daughters Aubrey & Delaney are the same ages (within months) of my 2.

I've also made friends with @Revolekim and her two boys, who are a little bit older & a little bit younger than Luke. She had another friend, who I don't know her DS screen-name, but she's here too, and she has a boy a bit younger than Luke as well.

So, between the 4 of us we have 7 kids & we get together about 1-2 times a week as a group & then randomly in smaller groups.

I'm also doing MOPS and trying to go to church at least 1-2 times a month.

Add in that DH is in school, has 12+ hours of homework a week and works 40+ hours with a 1.5 hour commute EACH WAY and I'm a busy mama.

Vinnie is highly allergic to corn. I am weaning myself from high fructose corn syrup & all other corn products (its in EVERYTHING, since it is used in preservatives!) and it is hard.

He can eat sweet potatoes and so far that is the only safe food. He might be able to eat carrots, but he was exposed to corn products the same day that he had carrots, so we aren't sure what he is reacting to right now.

His reactions are miserable.

I have to keep him dressed in wool, from head to toe and covered at all times. Any dander, dirt, pollen, or anything causes him to break out in hives.

When he is around one of his allergens (dogs, cats, corn, bananas, avacado to name a few) his skin swells up, his eyes get puffy, and the skin on his ears and knuckles and ankles cracks.

I do stay pretty up to date on Facebook and my blog: www.teachinauntie.blogspot.com if you are a blog reader you should add me!

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #193
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie
Mama's I will try to get back into the swing of keeping up to date here, but I admit, it is HARD.

I am trying to keep Luke (my 2 1/2 year old) socialized because he gets to be a bully if we go too long without playdates.

I've made good friends with @Hilaryisinked here on DS and her daughters Aubrey & Delaney are the same ages (within months) of my 2.

I've also made friends with @Revolekim and her two boys, who are a little bit older & a little bit younger than Luke. She had another friend, who I don't know her DS screen-name, but she's here too, and she has a boy a bit younger than Luke as well.

So, between the 4 of us we have 7 kids & we get together about 1-2 times a week as a group & then randomly in smaller groups.

I'm also doing MOPS and trying to go to church at least 1-2 times a month.

Add in that DH is in school, has 12+ hours of homework a week and works 40+ hours with a 1.5 hour commute EACH WAY and I'm a busy mama.

Vinnie is highly allergic to corn. I am weaning myself from high fructose corn syrup & all other corn products (its in EVERYTHING, since it is used in preservatives!) and it is hard.

He can eat sweet potatoes and so far that is the only safe food. He might be able to eat carrots, but he was exposed to corn products the same day that he had carrots, so we aren't sure what he is reacting to right now.

His reactions are miserable.

I have to keep him dressed in wool, from head to toe and covered at all times. Any dander, dirt, pollen, or anything causes him to break out in hives.

When he is around one of his allergens (dogs, cats, corn, bananas, avacado to name a few) his skin swells up, his eyes get puffy, and the skin on his ears and knuckles and ankles cracks.

I do stay pretty up to date on Facebook and my blog: www.teachinauntie.blogspot.com if you are a blog reader you should add me!
Steph it is good to hear about you and boys...stinky work commute for your hubby
Ss about little mans allergies! Sounds terrible, hope he grows out of them! Glad you are getting out to play!
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #194
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Vinnie growing up:

September

October:

November:

December:

Jan.

Feb.

(big brother's hand-me-down Woodland Tale longies <--made mama cry--they were my first wool purchase!)

March

April:

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #195
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

aww Steph, vinnie is sooo big! I know all our kiddos are the same age, but I am still constantly suprised at how fast they are all growing....keep expecting to see itty bitty babies, but they are not.
about the allergies. A friend from church's little boy is allergic to everything! she is still exclusively breastfeeding, he is 1.5yrs and the poor boy-o only ever wants mama cus she's the milktruck. I think they had him worked up to squash or something, but then he got really sick and needed some antibiotics and is now back to square one.

hey, really random, did you ever make that ISpy quilt?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #196
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love all the pics, Steph! That must be so tough with all of his allergies- I hope you can find some easy ways to keep it under control.

Naomi, I'm the same way. I think "holy cow, that baby looks so old!" and then wonder if my baby looks huge like that too.

Done with work for the morning, woot! Luke has to pick up a key for a job today and then check out another job. We have either one or two b-day parties to go to today. If it's one then we have the other to go to tomorrow.

I dyed 10 skeins of yarn on Thurs for Naima's b-day coming in a month so I think it's dry enough to wind some up today and start knitting. I have SOO much to do- I don't know why these birthdays always seem to sneak up on me!

I've gotta work on u/l some pics so I can post- haven't done that in forever!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #197
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Crystal, I hear ya on birthdays! My poor hubby, his always sneaks up on me and I never have the time to get him a great gift (would have to order online), so it always ends up being less than what I wanted and he always seems to guess what it is.

Speaking of birthdays, anyone planning for Baby's First Birthday already?

I am and I know Jill is! (I see your cute monster stuff on pinterest). I'm starting to plan now because it will be a combined b-day part for all 3. (heaven help us when they get old enough to all want their own...3 birthdays in 2 weeks!?!?! oy). I'm doing a Never Neverland theme. I LOVE it because it will really work so well for all 3 kids. We've got pirates and fairies and mermaids and indians and the works! My mom made elijah a peter pan costume already...just need a red feather for his hat. Sydney will likely want to be a mermaid or tinker bell and kezia has a cute tutu dress with tinker bell on it. My dad is planning on coming as a pirate. I love it, my dad goes all out.

went to an arena football game last night with wayne and it was AWESOME! very fast pace, a much smaller field than NFL, so the players seemed really close. we almost caught a football from the game. I'm thinking we'll take the kids in a few years. I think they would enjoy parts of it now, but I can also imagine Sydney covering her ears the whole time and complaining about how loud it is.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:21 AM   #198
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've started thinking about her birthday but not really planning it yet. After Naima's b-day the first week of June I'll start the knitting- not sure what to make yet.

Sigh, back to work Monday, lol! Should be a good day, though- today's my dad's last day so tonight he's taking us out to a steakhouse for a little retirement celebration.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #199
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Man i would love to get on pintrest and stay for hours! I have yet to even explore it once, been a member for like 6mos! Lol. I can barely keep up on facebook and ds...

Im not the best at planning bdays...i did veggie tales for ds 2nd last year and his 3rd was just a cookout here
Neverland sounds awesome!
My friend had a "red wagon" themed party for her 1 yr ols.it was so cute with red flyer wagons, plaid decor, picnic stuff
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #200
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Naomi, isn't arena football fun?! Chris used to play in a league for fun but when we kept having babies he started to run out of time for all the practices. He now plays on our church softball team so it's something we can all be involved in. But, I bet the kids will love it someday!

LOVE the neverland theme!! Especially for multiple kids it makes so much sense! And yes, I'd be lying if I said I didnt have tons of things planned already. I'm about to borrow Nathan's prek teachers cricut machine so I can start making labels and doing the tedious things now as save myself the last minute stresses. We're doing a rainbow theme and I've had it picked out since early in my pregnancy. Now, if I could make my mind up about an outfit.

So we had the busiest weekend and I got nothing done in the house the needed done, like laundry! Saturday was the fall pref enrollment carnival from 9-12, then we went to lunch with three families from church (10 kids total!). And home with intentions of doing chores but instead ended up taking a FOUR HOUR NAP! I laid down o nurse dd and passed out with her. It was awesome but we didn't get up until 6pm and then it was time to eat dinner do baths and once kids were in bed we watched Grown Ups. That movie makes me laugh hysterically. Sunday was church in the morning, a pizza buffet for lunch, home to walk the dog and do a bike ride for kids. We ran into a family from church that lives on the next street over so they joined our walk. Since it was so hot we walked back to our house to sit in the ac and talk and let the kids play on the trampoline and swingset (they have five). Seriously lost track of time and realized it was 430 and we had to rush them out so we could get back to church for the fellowship dinner and out small group mtg after that.

Good news!!!! Harper has sttn two nights in a row!! From 830 to about 5. The only negative here is that after that long stretch of sleep she will not go back to sleep. Oh well, small price to pay.

How was everyone's weekend?

Eta: can I just vent that it's super irritating to me that I can't have a Pinterest acct without Facebook.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 04-30-2012 at 08:48 AM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote