Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #21
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Re: Aug. '11 - April Chat

Brittney- nope- no shelter here. We have a small coat closet or the bthrm. We've talked about digging under the sunroom to make a space- but there are some shelters around town we could go to if it was seriously close to us. OH and I don't envy that drive... We drive to Michigan almost every year.

Melissa- My SIL lives near Dallas, and one of the tornadoes was only a few miles from her nbrhd.We were def worried! Just so grateful to have never had to deal with one in all my years living in Ks/MO.

Amy- you poor thing! I can't imagine dealing with all the lo's being sick like that!!! hugs and more hugs.

Naomi- yay for a dishwasher!!! Mine sucks but it's still better than doing it all by hand.

Stacey- aww too bad they had to leave. We are working on signing too. My girls still sign a little bit. Evan is saying dada. He just turned 7m's and has 8 teeth so far.

Finally trying to get the photo albums and books put away.Still haven't worked on my dining table. grr. I'm really lacking motivation right now.

ok TMI- So I had 1 period pp. that was end of January. Nothing since. I did test the end of Feb. Anyone have this happen? I do have pcos- so not totally worried, and I am Bf'ing still and not on bc .Just wish I could have normal cycles...

Hey- anyone own a Zumba dvd? do you like it?

Advertisement

Last edited by Andbabymakes2; 04-04-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Andbabymakes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #22
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We go into our hall closet.

Our house is a one story open floor plan with one hallway were the childrens bedrooms are. The master is off the kitchen. Every room is exterior so the closets in the hall are the only shelter like area for us. I put the helmets on the kiddos and the Peyton in the infant carseat and we pile in the closet.

I HATE THEM!!!! We have had 4 warnings and a dozen watches since we have been here, It stresses me out. The sirens go off and my weather radio goes off. The weather during a warning is so erie. I am totally a northeast girl! I can't do these Tornados or "tomatos" as Blue calls them.

Last edited by dagmomma; 04-04-2012 at 12:42 PM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #23
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Vanessa--I have not gotten my period yet. I typically do not get them until 8-12 months pp. I am thinking it is coming soon bc I am ready to cry over anything over here!!!! I hope its my period coming!

Dh and I helped out with the area special olympics event today. It was fun. I love seeing how excited and inspiring the athletes are. It made me want to do more and count my blessings. I also had to hold back tears bc well if you read the 1st paragraph you know why.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #24
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

ooh- good idea with the helmets!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #25
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went ahead and ordered a 10.5-11.5 inch one, and asked for closer to 11.5 if possible . Hoping it helps with the pending new teeth, I can see swollen gums!

Man I am in such a mood lately, but it comforts me that many of you seem to be feeling the same way.

I mean, life is GREAT right now, dh is almost done with his residency and about to start a "real" job and we are buying our first house and our kids are amazing, but I just sit here thinking "WTHeck!? are we doing?" I'm not sure I'm prepared for real life and it all seems so heavy right now. I am almost certain we are making the right choices for our family but then I wonder if we are making all the wrong choices.

I have ZERO patience these days and all I want is to get away for a little while. I definitely feel like a totally crappy mom and what's worse - it's spring break and dh has a majorly busy week this week and I can't wait for school to start back up next week... we have no where to go, it's cold and rainy and my kids are driving me to insanity.

Oh the joys of motherhood ((sigh))
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #26
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went ahead and ordered a 10.5-11.5 inch one, and asked for closer to 11.5 if possible . Hoping it helps with the pending new teeth, I can see swollen gums!

Man I am in such a mood lately, but it comforts me that many of you seem to be feeling the same way.

I mean, life is GREAT right now, dh is almost done with his residency and about to start a "real" job and we are buying our first house and our kids are amazing, but I just sit here thinking "WTHeck!? are we doing?" I'm not sure I'm prepared for real life and it all seems so heavy right now. I am almost certain we are making the right choices for our family but then I wonder if we are making all the wrong choices.

I have ZERO patience these days and all I want is to get away for a little while. I definitely feel like a totally crappy mom and what's worse - it's spring break and dh has a majorly busy week this week and I can't wait for school to start back up next week... we have no where to go, it's cold and rainy and my kids are driving me to insanity.

Oh the joys of motherhood ((sigh))
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #27
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Aw Melissa, You are definitely not alone mama. the week I came home from California was sprig break here and of course it was 50* and raining and we were stuck inside. Do you have family you can maybe take the kids on a little pretend vacation to?

I do wonder why were all in a rut. It seems like there are many of us feeling this way right now.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #28
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Melissa

I think I could have wrote what you just wrote just change the dh careers.

Definately a rut here. Not sure why I cannot shake it?

Just so many decisions that have to be made here and it is starting to give me some major anxiety!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #29
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My phone died Saturday so I've been MIA. Not to much to report here. Going to weight check peanut tomorrow again and see how she is doing. We took a ton of pics of the kids today. They are on Facebook as I used my camera and not my phone. I'll eventually get some into Photobucket to post here.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #30
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Can I just ditto what Melissa said too? Only difference is we already have our house. After 2 years it still isn't "home". I miss Humboldt terribly and So does Ray. I don't want to live with regrets.

Casper bit the ottoman while standing and fell. He tore the corner of his mouth and has a nasty bruise on his upper gums. Poor guy. Other than that the kids are feeling better.

Maybe we should post some pics to cheer us all up?
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote