Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Could this be the placenta?

Since getting my doppler I've learned a lot about baby's position and movement and I love it. I haven't been feeling too much solid movement yet, though I have felt some since 13 weeks (17w now). Last night was the first time I could say with 100% confidence I felt baby tapping me. I've been wondering if maybe I have an anterior placenta because of this. This morning (and yesterday) when I moved the doppler onto my lower right side it felt really funny, almost like I was pushing on something. Def. didn't feel like baby plus I got a strong loud HB on the opposite side. I got a HB in the 130's over this spot but it felt more like a "swoosh swoosh - swoosh swoosh" instead of the horse galloping of the baby.

Could this be my placenta? If so does this mean it's an anterior placenta? Thanks!!

Advertisement

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Could this be the placenta?

It sounds like it might be. My placenta was anterior and you should be able to hear "whooshing' sounds in that location- the placental circulation. It sounds more like your heartbeat.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dp. Stupid phone.

Last edited by songbird516; 04-05-2012 at 07:36 AM.
songbird516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like placenta to me too. MW describes it like a wind "whooshhh whooshhh"

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
holly6737
Registered Users
seller
seller

The wooosh is placenta souffle. The galloping is the baby.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I def. hear the galloping of the baby (HB is140s-150s typically) and then on the lower right side, the samespot every single time,I hear the "swoosh swoosh" very fast, maybe 120s-130's. It's pretty neat!

So, would this be an anterior placenta? Or would it have to be smack dab in the center of my lower belly to be anterior? This is more on my side, towards the front.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had an ultrasound yesterday that confirmed an anterior placenta, which would explain why I've felt so little movement. The baby was bouncing all over the place on ultrasound!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #8
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You do eventually feel a baby kick like crazy even with an anterior placenta, right?

Old 04-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It definitely could be, but I don't think it's a for sure thing. My midwife actually told me mine was anterior because the way it sounded through a doppler, and I wasn't sure of kicks. I thought I started feeling them around 12 weeks here and there, but I wasn't absolutely sure until 17/18 weeks that the "movements" were actually the baby. Come to find out at my 20 week u/s, my placenta is at the top of my uterus, not anterior. They said the sounds from the doppler were due to him being a very active baby and moving too much while trying to get the heartbeat (which I see now is definitely true! He's constantly moving.) I felt DS1 move at 18w, and this one for sure at 17/18w. They said while it was more common to feel movements earlier, it wasn't unheard of with a second baby. HTH
Old 04-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #10
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

So does the placenta have a fast heartbeat? I am wondering if I'm picking up baby or placenta on my doppler? It's in the 150s (I'm 14 weeks).

I had an anterior placenta last time. I didn't start to feel movement until 18-20 weeks. And while I felt a ton of movement when she was bigger, it always seemed for me to be mostly on the sides or really low. I mentioned something about that to DH the other day and he remembers it being like that too. So you may never feel as much right where the placenta is - but it won't cover everything. I had nothing to compare it to since it was my first. My SIL had an anterior placenta for her 2nd and said she did notice a lot less movement - but she was only about 5 mos prego when she said that - I have no idea if she still felt the same as the baby got bigger.

Cindy