Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Could this be the placenta?

Looking back i wonder if DS1 was anterior. i dont remember them saying anything to me about it but i didnt feel anything until after 25 weeks with him and it was only a few times during my PG. not at all like ds2 and DD.

Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #12
Registered Users

Originally Posted by crunchymom2b View Post
You do eventually feel a baby kick like crazy even with an anterior placenta, right?
I don't think as much as you would otherwise. I had an anterior placenta and didn't feel big movement until about 24 weeks, until then, just very small "could that be a baby" movements. It also was not uncommon for me to go for a day or two late in my pregnancy and never feel a thing. I ended up going in for NST's b/c I couldn't feel her moving around in there (and then they couldn't get her to move either (we thought), so I ended up going for a BFP at about 34 weeks.....though that is when they figured out she was a footling breach
megs715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
So does the placenta have a fast heartbeat? I am wondering if I'm picking up baby or placenta on my doppler? It's in the 150s (I'm 14 weeks).

I had an anterior placenta last time. I didn't start to feel movement until 18-20 weeks. And while I felt a ton of movement when she was bigger, it always seemed for me to be mostly on the sides or really low. I mentioned something about that to DH the other day and he remembers it being like that too. So you may never feel as much right where the placenta is - but it won't cover everything. I had nothing to compare it to since it was my first. My SIL had an anterior placenta for her 2nd and said she did notice a lot less movement - but she was only about 5 mos prego when she said that - I have no idea if she still felt the same as the baby got bigger.

This is exactly how I felt movement with my second with the anterior placenta. Most movement was down low and off to the right side where the placenta wasn't.
Sara- mommy to Claire (01/10) and Micah (3/12) and someone new (10/14)
Birth doula and life-long student of Everything! Need a doula in the central VA area? Let's talk!
songbird516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #14
Registered Users

Most of the movement I'm feeling is pretty minor and down low. I'm just under 20 weeks. I was starting to panic because this is my 3rd child and the other two were crazy busy by like 15 weeks.
Amy ~ Everything in moderation, WOH, glass half full, not committed to any labels, try, try again mama to 3! H 11/07 and M 8/10 and B 8/12
badmisterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote