Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:49 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Nursing and Pregnant-That's right grandma and were not stopping

That sucks. In their defense...the research proving it is safe is previous years (and generations) it was thought to cause issues. Now we know that is not the case unless you have a history of preterm labor.

BUT - you told them the new recommendation and they did not listen. So now they are not ignorant...they are just being stubborn. I am sorry you are dealing with that. If they bring it up again I would just say "I don't really think we need to discuss this again" and change the subject.

I have gotten some flack for BFing while pregnant and that we want to tandem nurse. It looks like I may not get to tandem son went from nursing 5-6 times a day (he is 2) to only nursing when he wakes up. I think my HG had something to do with it (being so dehydrated and not getting enough food in).

Samantha <3 Aspiring Midwife--Wife to David the and mom to August Benjamin and Archer Harrison Writer for Birth Without Fear
PROUD Intactivist.
blessed1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #12
Registered Users
Re: Nursing and Pregnant-That's right grandma and were not stopping

Good for you! Hang in there and follow your heart. When people say ignorant things like that, family or not, I typically just smiled and nodded. "Um hmm..." And ignore them! You're doing a great job, for you and your babies. :-)
Solcatia is offline   Reply With Quote