Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Djrose
Registered Users
Formerly: Xains Mommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Looking for a affordable doula/doula in training around Richmond VA

Id really like a doula since I am attempting a VBAC but money is very tight. Im looking for an affordable doula or even a doula in training. I've checked out dona.com and icappa.net but I still havent found many doula's in the area and I am currently waiting on them to get back with me. If anyone is/knows of one in this area please let me know! Thanks!!!

Advertisement

Djrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Looking for a affordable doula/doula in training around Richmond VA

I'm a little north of you and thinking about getting one too. The only one I know of is a little north of me. It would be a good 2hrs from you. But, I'm thinking of calling her to find out if she would come to me. I'm about 45 minutes from her. I'm in sort on the outskirts of what I consider No. Va, but far enough out not to have a lot of options. It's frustrating. *sigh*

Good luck!

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 04-02-2012 at 05:06 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm in a natural parenting group based out of Hampton Roads...i'll ask them if anyone knows anyone
Old 04-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Never knew peaches grew in Hampton Roads. I lived in Newport News and Hampton for a few years. But, maybe you don't actually live there since your group is just "based" there.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #5
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lol, heather -would you believe i have a gianormous greenhouse? no?...lol!but, no, I don't live there any more...Georgia now lol! I am, however, from Yorktown and visit still. We were stationed there (ft.Eustis) for 2 years and ds2 was born there (may 2010), plus I ran a play group during that time and met the mama who runs the facebook breastfeeding/natural parenting support group

Last edited by tygr2410; 04-03-2012 at 12:20 AM.
tygr2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
Djrose
Registered Users
Formerly: Xains Mommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Have a meeting with a doula in the end stages of her training! Thanks Tygr2410 for contacting your parenting group!

So exciting!
Djrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
Lol, heather -would you believe i have a gianormous greenhouse? no?...lol!but, no, I don't live there any more...Georgia now lol! I am, however, from Yorktown and visit still. We were stationed there (ft.Eustis) for 2 years and ds2 was born there (may 2010), plus I ran a play group during that time and met the mama who runs the facebook breastfeeding/natural parenting support group
Georgia was where I was thinking looking at your location. We lived at the very edge of Newport News. Our neighborhood literally bordered Ft. Eustis, meaning the base fence was up against our neighborhood. We could here them play Reveille in the morning and evening. LOL! I used to say we were the last house in Newport News before you entered Williamsburg. Then, we moved to Hampton off of Toads Lane near Big Bethel. We moved out of the area in 2006. I liked it, but we missed my family. We are back in No. VA...sort of!

OP - Yay!!!!! Hope you like her!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks so funny Heather! We lived in the newest housing ON Ft.Eustis untill last fall when we moved. Prob could have seen your old house from ours....are we have friends in Sterling and DC and Maryland so NOVA is no stranger either...it's such a small world
Old 04-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #9
Aydinsmom
Registered Users
seller

Heatherlovescds, I'm in NOVA and am considering an affordable doula. Do you know of someone in this area? I don't know if I am too late for this - I am 31 weeks and I suspect most doulas don't have openings.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Aydinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know someone in Stafford who was in training. She should be a done training by now since it has been a while. We have moved about 45 minutes from there and over an hour from Fairfax Co. or Loudon Co. Anyway, I grew up in Fairfax Co, but it has been a while since I lived that close in. That is why I say, "NOVA sort of." Since I grew up there, I actually don't consider where I live now or Stafford to be No. VA. But, the area considered to be that by many has gotten bigger and I've heard both my area and the Stafford area referred to as NOVA.

All that to say, if you are near Stafford, I might be able to get her info for you. I only know of her through a friend I've lost touch with. If you want me to try, let me know.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 04-04-2012 at 08:50 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote