Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2012, 03:01 AM   #11
aubreyaks
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Big Baby Concerns

Growth charts are based on formula fed infants and not necessarily a good guide for bfed babies. My ds is almost w and 25 lbs. He was 20 lbs at 6 months. At that time I was so alarmed by his growth I thought I was never going to be able to keep him in clothes, but like pp have said, it slows down.

Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 03:08 AM   #12
NikiG
Registered Users
seller

Also keep in mind that feeding on demand and comfort nursing help maintain good supply. My DS was 8lbs4oz with a tongue tie and by 3 weeks was 10lbs2oz (he's 4 weeks now). You can't nurse too much. Baby and your body know what they need!
NikiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:20 AM   #13
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_just_me View Post
My babies were both big and EBF. My friends even joked about my milk being all cream I just had a very good supply and my babies got a lot of milk! They both started to come down on the growth chart after 6 months, once they started moving.

I wouldn't be too worried! Sounds like you are feeding her just right!
this was me exactly. My boys were just big. in the 95% for everything. Once they started crawling (at 10 months) they slimmed down and the weight growth slowed down.

Sounds to me like you are doing everyting right. Every baby is differently and built differently also.

For example-my almost 3 year old is almost as big as his 5.5 year old cousin. She is just a tiny petite thing and always has been.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #14
myoo
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yep, FWIW my son was 20 lbs. 1 oz. at 6 months old, then 21 lbs. at 9 months old, and only 20 lbs. 14 oz. at 12 months old. So just because she's high on the charts now doesn't mean she'll stay that way or become obese or something. You're doing great!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #15
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like you are doing everything right. Gee I guess I hope so because its what I'm doing. DS2 was born 8 lbs 8 oz and turns four months old tomorrow and is 27 inches and 18 lbs.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #16
mamaspice
Registered Users

Yay! Let's start a big beautiful baby club!
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #17
masja
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DS was 8'10 at birth an was over 17lbs by 3 months, so yes a big boy and still is at 7 and 82 lbs, lol.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #18
clothrookie3
Registered Users
seller

It all depends on the baby and moms milk. My first (dd) was 6.14 at birth and I think maybe 9 pounds at 2 mo. My second (ds) was 7.0 at birth and 16 pounds at 2 mo (no that's not a typo!). My third (ds) was 7.7 was birth and 12 pounds at 2 mo. My 1st and 3rd are right on track and my second was always in the 95th or above percentiles. One of the other doctors told me to feed him cereal (at 2 mo- I don't think so) so that he wouldn't eat so much. I just kept doing what I was doing and now at 2 years hes still a solid big boy for his age but only 30 pounds. Things will even out as they're supposed to. Just keep doing what you think best for you and your baby

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
clothrookie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #19
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Nod politely at the doctor and keep doing what you're doing. My DD was 26 lbs at 6 months and is now a 35 lb 11 month old. You are definitely not alone! On my phone so can't link...but look at my post history. I started a thread about chunky babies a week or so ago
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #20
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Also, drs have never been concerned. She's seen 4 different docs for her WBVs and I've gotten nothing but compliments on my milk/"butter", as one dr called it. I was warned by one of them that she may take longer to reach physical milestones because of her chunkiness, and that's been true. She was a late roller and just now started crawling at 11 months, and is working at pulling herself up.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote