Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #11
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Choroid Plaxis Cysts on Ultrasound

Had it with my first one at 19 wks. And at 24 wks. And at 30 wks followup. They looked VERY closely and couldn't see anything wrong so basically said not to worry about it. I learned that many babies are even born with them and some can be there throughout their life. Apparently it is more worrisome when it is on both sides, but not necessarily a problem. If everything else looks normal, don't be concerned, it is basically just considered to be a variation of normal.

My 4yo is now a very very bright child, she is reading and writing already. She developed very normally and was actually very advanced in most things, especially language and problem solving. So... I don't think they affected her in any way :-)

Good luck with your ultrasound and I am pretty sure most likely everything will be perfect.

Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #12
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

We had them with DS #2. We declined the amino. And just pressed on. No other indicators, so we felt it was a very far shot. It was very very hard to wait though.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #13
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This baby had 2 cysts at my scan 3 weeks ago. I think she also had a white spot on her heart but they are not even recommending a rescan. My midwife said it's so common to not even think about it. Still I freaked out for a couple weeks! My SIL has had 2 babies with them and they resolved by 28 weeks.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #14
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you all again, it just means so much to hear others' stories. The baby DID have cysts on both sides and I think the dr said just one and not a bunch of them. An intern did the ultrasound and when she finished the regular tech came in and finished up. She looked at the heart for a LONG time, but I got the impression she was having a tough time getting a good angle. The ONLY abnormality was the cysts, nothing about short femur or kidney, stomach or bladder problems. All those systems looked fine. And the baby measured spot on, like exactly.

*sigh* it's just scary to think about. DH and I didn't talk about it much, I just told him what I found on Dr. Google and we reassured each other that everything is fine, but we also both agreed that SOMEONE has to be in that small percentage.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #15
mkekaty
Registered Users
seller

We found out that our baby has cysts on her brain stem, also due in august 2012. We go back a week from Friday to have a higher level ultrasound. I'm praying that they have disappeared or aren't serious!!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #16
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

My oldest daughter had them at our 20 weeks u/s. They had dissolved by 26 weeks (we had another u/s to check on them).

She is now a happy, healthy 5.5 year old.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #17
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Update! Cysts are Gone!! ~~ Choroid Plaxis Cysts on Ultrasound

Bump for happy update!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #18
kangasox
Registered Users
seller

Fantastic news!
kangasox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #19
busymommymedia
Registered Users
seller

I'm currently almost 34 weeks pregnant and the perinatologist found a lot of Choroid Plexis Cysts at our 20 week ultrasound. They were concerned about Trisomy 18 but my baby had no other markers and growth has been on track which I guess is a good sign. At the last few ultrasounds I've had there has been no sign of the cysts so they've told us that everything should be fine.
busymommymedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #20
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What wonderful news!! I KNOW how relieved you were!!! Because they thought my 2nd son might have had Down Syndrom, and I remember how relieved I was and how I felt like I could "breath" when I found out my precious baby was safe and normal.

I know Trisomy is worse.. but still, it lets you know that I KNOW how relieved you are.

Praise God..

Awesome news mama.
God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote