Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
DD1 was BF. DD2 was BF til 9 months and it just wasn't working. We are all happier with her FF. She is anemic and so am I so formula is helping to raise her up. I work a ton (12 hour days are common) so pumping was always a problem. You can't exactly leave 50 middle school kids alone for half an hour. DH and I took my high school orchestra to Disney for a week in a charter bus 22 hours each way and DD2 was able to stay with grandma. WHen DFS was inpatient and DD2 was still nursing, it was a huge hassle and stressful.

I don't regret my decision at all. It was what was best for my family at both points if my life.

Middle school teacher by day, super mom by night
Mommy to The Boss~2007, The Energizer Bunny~2009, and The Princess~2011
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 04-14-2012 at 03:51 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #12
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
My Mood:
DH can feed the baby . <3.
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -- Ambrose Redmoon
EuphoricDysphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #13
Registered Users
Re: Reasons I like formula feeding

Originally Posted by carolineb View Post
happy baby=happy momma=happy family
I totally agree!
PolkaDotBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
My Mood:

I am struggling to bf after a breast reduction. I have milk but my supply is quite low and I'm taking Motherlove special blend tincture, drinking a Guinness a day and pumping occasionally. It's been such turmoil for me as I'm deciding to continue or not with combo feeding. My DD is comforted by my breast but she doesn't get enough from it. After having my first baby DS diagnosed with failure to thrive (didn't want to eat for unknown reasons), I am so scared that DD will end up the same. I'd rather see her thrive on formula than breastfeed for my own self-fulfilling reasons. It's too hard for me to worry about her gaining weight so I'm pretty sure that I will stop trying so hard to bf and just go to ff while letting her suckle for comfort. I also think she may be getting gas from something I am eating. What a pain! Thanks for this thread, it helps to hear that other moms have made this decision. I need to come to peace with it.
Jill~Married the Love of My Life, Craig (03/27/10), Mama to Asher 01/07/11 & Esmé 04/15/12 & EDD 02/09/14
Farmer's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #15
Registered Users

I don't like having my breasts out. Period.

I like knowing how many ounces of fluid DD takes in.

I love that a caregiver can feed my baby and give her the same experience I give her. I don't feel a need be the only one that can feed the baby, therebye causing her distress when I'm not there.

In the interests of full disclosure, I nursed #1 till 9 months, but stopped @ 2 months w/DD2.
Me, a WOHM, DH Dave, DD Ruby
rohirette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

I just want to commend the mamas that have tried hard to breastfeed, having a low supply and still trying hard. If it didn't work out, then formula is there to help out.

Breast is best, but formula can be a life saver!
Mom to Sheena, Preston, and Sophia! "Preston's Pants Diapers!" CUSTOMS ARE OPEN...see our good reviews on PulPurchasePower Great prices on Printed Pul, solids, and Exclusive prints!
Colleeny is offline   Reply With Quote