Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
Saharan's Avatar
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calmar A.B. Canada
Posts: 2,876
Cloth diaper stores in Huston Texas?

I am headed to Huston Texas with the two kids and DH and want to buy some stuff while there especially some flips in the new prints Are there any good stores to check out? Also anyone from there want to hang out? We will be there for 2 months and I will be bored and lonely while DH is in class

Advertisement

__________________
Engaged to the love of my life and mama to our sweet little Kai bear born 2/12/2010 and our new little princess Savannah born 3/16/2012
baby wearing, cloth diapering, EBF, semi crunchy mama origionally from BC now a resident of good ol' AB
Saharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,884
What area? There is one in Jersey Village in Northwest Houston that I keep meaning to visit. Haven't been yet though.

My phone thinks it is smarter than me.

Edit: oops you said Huston, not Houston. Sorry!
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
ktbug87
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 512
Re: Cloth diaper stores in Huston Texas?

The only one is Nurtured Family on the north side of town.

They carry BG, Grovia, FB, HH, Rumparooz, Kissaluvs, Swaddlebees, BlueBerry. I was just there this weekend. It's a pretty small store. Not a huge selection of brands. I think they do have flips.

Last edited by ktbug87; 04-03-2012 at 03:06 PM.
ktbug87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,884
Re: Cloth diaper stores in Huston Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug87 View Post
The only one is Nurtured Family on the north side of town.

They carry BG, Grovia, FB, HH, Rumparooz, Kissaluvs, Swaddlebees, BlueBerry. I was just there this weekend. It's a pretty small store. Not a huge selection of brands. I think they do have flips.
Is it worth driving an hour to get there? I meant to when I wanted to buy a Beco but I don't want to any more so I'm not sure it's worth an hour drive just to check it out...
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
ktbug87
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 512
Re: Cloth diaper stores in Huston Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aithyne View Post
Is it worth driving an hour to get there? I meant to when I wanted to buy a Beco but I don't want to any more so I'm not sure it's worth an hour drive just to check it out...
We drove 1.5 hours each way this weekend.

They have an awesome selection of carriers...beco, boba, maya, hava...others I can't remember. They also have a huge selection of just natural/green accessories (eating, clothing, cleaning, laundry, etc.)

I think the drive time would depend on what you're going for. They do have a sample of each diaper out of package for you to look at, which is nice.
ktbug87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,884
Re: Cloth diaper stores in Huston Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug87 View Post
We drove 1.5 hours each way this weekend.

They have an awesome selection of carriers...beco, boba, maya, hava...others I can't remember. They also have a huge selection of just natural/green accessories (eating, clothing, cleaning, laundry, etc.)

I think the drive time would depend on what you're going for. They do have a sample of each diaper out of package for you to look at, which is nice.
Just to check it out. SW Houston isn't very crunchy.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #7
ktbug87
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 512
Re: Cloth diaper stores in Huston Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aithyne View Post
Just to check it out. SW Houston isn't very crunchy.
I agree. That's why we went. I was desperate to go somewhere that had cloth diapers and such. It was worth the trip for me just because it was fun.
ktbug87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
cboytitan's Avatar
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,442
My Mood:
Re: Cloth diaper stores in Huston Texas?

When we lived in Baytown I drove out there a couple of times - it is fun to just see all that fluff. They are big FB fans. The lady that owns the store created Hava and Zolowear slings.
__________________
Emily & Bryan est 5/10/03; momma since 5/14/10

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #9
Saharan's Avatar
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calmar A.B. Canada
Posts: 2,876
Re: Cloth diaper stores in Huston Texas?

Sorry I meant Houston....can you tell I am from Canada....lol. Thanks ladies I will check it out
__________________
Engaged to the love of my life and mama to our sweet little Kai bear born 2/12/2010 and our new little princess Savannah born 3/16/2012
baby wearing, cloth diapering, EBF, semi crunchy mama origionally from BC now a resident of good ol' AB
Saharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #10
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,884
Re: Cloth diaper stores in Huston Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saharan View Post
Sorry I meant Houston....can you tell I am from Canada....lol. Thanks ladies I will check it out
Google on my phone made it seem like Huston existed. It apparently doesn't.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.