Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
A PSA for those that turned to sposies at night...

You might not always need them. I switched to sposies at night months ago. I was so frustrated with DS peeing through EVERYTHING except super thick overnight fitteds and wool. His bum was so ridiculously big. The smell that builds up in the super thick fitteds is horrendous. I couldn't stand it anymore. I gave up CDs at night.

I've been noticing lately though, that his sposies haven't been so ridiculously saturated when he wakes up in the morning. He just doesn't drink as much as he used to. At 2 years & 1 month old, his diet is mostly solid. He's been off the bottle for over 6 months now. Things are different. I decided to try cloth at night again. I expected him to wake up soaked, but he didn't. We're four days in now. A simple prefold is all he needs at night. I don't even have to add an extra soaker. It's amazing. I probably could have switched him back months ago but I was too ignorant to realize it.

Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
YiddleDoppers
Registered Users
Formerly: mama2lumpynoodles
seller

Re: A PSA for those that turned to sposies at night...

"Mandie" wife to one awesome dude and Mama to a brood of active boys. Also the heart and hands behind Yiddle Doppers™ on HC and Y.Woman™ on Etsy. Looking for OOAK, rare and HTF items? Stalk us on Stalkerazzi Congo
YiddleDoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I keep trying here and there - just in case. A soaked diaper is just about the only thing that will disturb his sleep.

A couple of nights ago we ran out of sposies, so I put him in a HH pocket with a flat and Joey Bunz hemp/cotton insert. I had to go in at midnight because he was standing up in his crib sobbing. I changed him into another similarly stuffed pocket and he slept the rest of the night just fine. Both diapers were rank in the morning.

We made it, but I never feel like a good mommy when my baby is sobbing and uncomfortable.

I'll keep trying per your suggestion though.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS is 22mo old, and I double stuff his night diapers out of habit but I really don't think I need to anymore. He generally pees around 4 or 5 in the morning; and then doesn't again until after he wakes up - so he generally only has 1 pee in his diaper (unless he pee'd after I changed him, before he went to sleep).

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yay for getting back into cloth at night! That's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfgirl View Post
I keep trying here and there - just in case. A soaked diaper is just about the only thing that will disturb his sleep.

A couple of nights ago we ran out of sposies, so I put him in a HH pocket with a flat and Joey Bunz hemp/cotton insert. I had to go in at midnight because he was standing up in his crib sobbing. I changed him into another similarly stuffed pocket and he slept the rest of the night just fine. Both diapers were rank in the morning.

We made it, but I never feel like a good mommy when my baby is sobbing and uncomfortable.

I'll keep trying per your suggestion though.
Maybe someday it will happen, and maybe it won't. That's ok, too.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #6
savingmomof2boys
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley84
You might not always need them. I switched to sposies at night months ago. I was so frustrated with DS peeing through EVERYTHING except super thick overnight fitteds and wool. His bum was so ridiculously big. The smell that builds up in the super thick fitteds is horrendous. I couldn't stand it anymore. I gave up CDs at night.

I've been noticing lately though, that his sposies haven't been so ridiculously saturated when he wakes up in the morning. He just doesn't drink as much as he used to. At 2 years & 1 month old, his diet is mostly solid. He's been off the bottle for over 6 months now. Things are different. I decided to try cloth at night again. I expected him to wake up soaked, but he didn't. We're four days in now. A simple prefold is all he needs at night. I don't even have to add an extra soaker. It's amazing. I probably could have switched him back months ago but I was too ignorant to realize it.
This gives me hope!

Join me on Swag Bucks to earn Free Giftcards!

Also Earning CASH with Jingit!!
savingmomof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My kids have both been the opposite. They LOVE their sippy cups with milk while we're snuggling before bed (then brush teeth) - but they love to have a cup after dinner... and DS (2 year 1 month) soaks more now than he did even 6 months ago. We just put him from regular sposies into huggies overnight super soakers.

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My kids have both been the opposite. They LOVE their sippy cups with milk while we're snuggling before bed (then brush teeth) - but they love to have a cup after dinner... and DS (2 year 1 month) soaks more now than he did even 6 months ago. We just put him from regular sposies into huggies overnight super soakers.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #9
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

We switched back too. I have AMP AI2s, and GMD stay dry hemp doublers to go with their flats, but they really aren't that soaked either.
Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #10
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood: