Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Had my first leak ... UGH! BG 4.0 woes.

Boston is not what I would consider a heavy wetter and I am not what I would consider a pocket girl. But I have 5 new BG 4.0s in Artist Series prints and today was hectic so that's what I packed for him. I changed him just before his nap and laid him down in a double stuffed (w/ Thirsties hemp) pocket and 20 minutes into his nap he was screaming. He was SOAKED...all down the inside of his jammies.

He was in FT cloth with me when his parents went away 2 weeks ago and slept everynight for 11-12 hours in a double stuffed Sunbaby with no issues.

Now please tell me how a $4.00 pocket that is pretty well loved could outshine a brand new $20 pocket.

I was waiting on an Albert and a Lovelace and one more Retail Therapy but I think I will cancel those orders.

Advertisement

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
IDDDSO: Charlie Banana XS and S in Lavendar!
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
cdwelton
Registered Users
seller

Re: Had my first leak ... UGH! BG 4.0 woes.

Weird, and the inserts were soaked? Or did it leak through the PUL??

That sucks!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That is unusual. Possible problems:
-Inserts soaked
-Suedecloth repelling
-Tummy sleeper with gun pointing upward?

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwelton
Weird, and the inserts were soaked? Or did it leak through the PUL??

That sucks!
It was like he leaked down one leg. One Jammie leg was dry. One was soaked. But he was on the appropriate rise with a good fit around the leg.

His junk was pointed down. I can't imagine they are repelling. I just washed them yesterday.

Sent from iPhone which is out to get me for some reason that is unbeknownst to me. Via DS Forum. Currently ISO 6 Small BG AIOs in pastel colors, triple switched GMs, Boyish Mutt 3SR, AhMay sets, YN Munki Sushi, Thirsties Colored PFs

Old 04-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
One Acre Wonder Farm
Registered Users

We've overstuffed 4.0s and had leaks due to gaps in the leg.
One Acre Wonder Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Acre Wonder Farm
We've overstuffed 4.0s and had leaks due to gaps in the leg.
Two Thirsties hemp are trimmer than microfiber. Maybe it didn't absorb fast enough?

But never had issues with the inserts before.

Sent from iPhone which is out to get me for some reason that is unbeknownst to me. Via DS Forum. Currently ISO 6 Small BG AIOs in pastel colors, triple switched GMs, Boyish Mutt 3SR, AhMay sets, YN Munki Sushi, Thirsties Colored PFs

Old 04-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
LauraSue42
Registered Users
seller

My LO is leaking out of his BG 4.0s right now too--just like you describe. I don't think they're repelling b/c the inserts are really wet--but only in the front. I think he's just become a "rapid" wetter now that he's gotten older (he's almost 1). My suspicion is that he's letting more go at once and it's not soaking through the liner quickly enough before it runs out the legs. I'm trying to sort through which fitted/prefold/cover options to try, in the hopes that something will absorb more and more quickly.
LauraSue42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraSue42 View Post
My LO is leaking out of his BG 4.0s right now too--just like you describe. I don't think they're repelling b/c the inserts are really wet--but only in the front. I think he's just become a "rapid" wetter now that he's gotten older (he's almost 1). My suspicion is that he's letting more go at once and it's not soaking through the liner quickly enough before it runs out the legs. I'm trying to sort through which fitted/prefold/cover options to try, in the hopes that something will absorb more and more quickly.
"Rapid" wetter is what I was thinking too, not those exact words but when I read this response it is exactly what was I was going to say. I also think hemp doesn't absorb as fast. I do use hemp in my pockets for overnight, but I always put cotton on top so that is the first thing that the pee is absorbed by. Hemp is behind all of it soaking up the excess the cotton can't grab.

But you also said you haven't had issues with the inserts before. This is very weird!

You're obviously a very experienced CDer so I wouldn't suspect fit or a bad wash routine to be an issue.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #9
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have heard that the artist series leaks. This was talked about not that long ago. I thought it was so strange but I have been using BG 4.0's. Last night I had my ds in an artist and it leaked. First time ever. How could that be?
luvof3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #10
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvof3boyz
I have heard that the artist series leaks. This was talked about not that long ago. I thought it was so strange but I have been using BG 4.0's. Last night I had my ds in an artist and it leaked. First time ever. How could that be?
I don't know but I love my artist series. I destashed pretty much all of my PUL and then turned right around and bought the artist series. I'd wanted them for a long time and love the boyish boldness of the prints. Guess just not nap worthy. I'll be sure to pack some GMs for naptime next time.

Yeah, I don't think fit was the issue. I was actually really tickled with how well they fit him. He's long-waisted and on the last rise snap on most diapers so to see how well the middle snap fit him, with room to grow was awesome.

The insert wasn't super saturated. I mean, he was wet for sure but nothing like the nighttime diapers were.

And I did toss them in the dryer after I washed them to seal the PUL. I usually hang dry my wetbags and Sunbabies but I dried these to make sure there weren't any needle marks in the PUL.