Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
omgcupcake
Registered Users
seller

Is it worth it to put prefolds on FSOT?

I have 31 premium prefolds that I want out of my house. I never use them, I'm sick of looking at them, etc. I've had them up on Craigslist and a local b/s/t facebook page for a few days and so far no one wants them. I think that they're a reasonable price ($25 for the lot), but no one is really into cloth in this area. I would really like to just put them on FSOT, but I don't want to lose a ton of money in shipping. Is it reasonable to ask for the actual shipping cost on top of the selling price?

Advertisement

Maine-ly Cloth Blog
omgcupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

You will spend $16 to ship them in a large flat rate IF you can fit them all. Used PFs go for about $1 each since new can be purchased from sites with free shipping for about $2 each.

When I sold mine I sold as many as I could on Craigslist and then moved the rest here. Maybe you could try that.

Also depending on how badly you want them gone and what your financial state is, you could always FFS them and help a mama in need. I FFS'd some of mine as well.

Sent from iPhone which is out to get me for some reason that is unbeknownst to me. Via DS Forum. Currently ISO 6 Small BG AIOs in pastel colors, triple switched GMs, Boyish Mutt 3SR, AhMay sets, YN Munki Sushi, Thirsties Colored PFs

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
IDDDSO: Charlie Banana XS and S in Lavendar!

Last edited by jessi4jc; 04-03-2012 at 09:02 PM.
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
omgcupcake
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is it worth it to put prefolds on FSOT?

I haven't had any luck on CL so far. I've had a few people interested, but they end up being too far away to make the drive. Definitely can't afford to FFS them, unfortunately. If I could, I would send them to Giving Diapers, Giving Hope in a heartbeat.

Maine-ly Cloth Blog
omgcupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgcupcake
I haven't had any luck on CL so far. I've had a few people interested, but they end up being too far away to make the drive. Definitely can't afford to FFS them, unfortunately. If I could, I would send them to Giving Diapers, Giving Hope in a heartbeat.
Another suggestion - possibly have them converted into fitteds? Then you may get some use of them and when you're done the resale value is higher as well.

Sent from iPhone which is out to get me for some reason that is unbeknownst to me. Via DS Forum. Currently ISO 6 Small BG AIOs in pastel colors, triple switched GMs, Boyish Mutt 3SR, AhMay sets, YN Munki Sushi, Thirsties Colored PFs

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
IDDDSO: Charlie Banana XS and S in Lavendar!
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
When I had prefolds to sell I made a "try me" bag with the prefolds, a few covers, a snappi, a couple pockets & inserts and sold them on Craigslist. This worked much easier than trying here. Good luck.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
dandjbrown
Registered Users
seller

I just sold mine. $50 for 24 GMD yellow edge, but $16 of that went for shipping. Still made $34... Which was better than using them as car towels.
dandjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If it were me, I'd just hang onto them. I use premium PFs stuffed into pocket fitteds for my toddler and for little portable changing pads. Now that we have no changing table, changing a diaper on a premium PF is a great way to protect the floor. They are also really absorbent, so make great mess-absorbing rags

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #8
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandjbrown View Post
I just sold mine. $50 for 24 GMD yellow edge, but $16 of that went for shipping. Still made $34... Which was better than using them as car towels.
Wow I'm impressed!

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #9
momtokimmilise
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I, too, have a TON of premium/toddler PFs left over from DD when I went co-op crazy. I had a dozen converted to tinkle traps (small), and will be doing the same for mediums and larges. I did sell a dozen at first, and after the exorbitant shipping, I swore I wasn't going to do that again.
momtokimmilise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:18 AM   #10
triplem_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do you have a consignment or resale shop in your area (or even in a larger area that you may travel to)? I own a kids and maternity consignment shop and we do well selling used prefolds, but if you don't have a shop to go to, it doesn't work!