Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #21
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What to Say When People Say Non-Circ Is Dirty?

I would probably ask whose uncirc'd penis they had been sniffing to have acquired such an opinion

This is it! This is the response I needed for that particular person! Oh, to have a time machine.

Thanks again everyone, this is really the kind of reassurance I was looking for today!

Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #22
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My reply would probably be..."STFU" if someone felt the need to voice their opinion on this subject.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #23
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If someone made an negative remark about being intact then I would probably start arguing their point with facts in a matter of fact way and if they kept it up I would rationally debate their points. I haven't had it happen yet but that is how I handle similar situations. If they don't say anything to me then I don't bring it up.

If the comment was on being hard to clean I would tell them that the opposite is true. The foreskin acts as a barrier to the glans. It is easy very easy to clean and much easier to clean then when it has been cut especially in the beginning when there is wound care and it is raw. The skin often tries to re-adhere with circumcision and that can be tricky to handle.

Last edited by nohollyhomaker; 04-04-2012 at 05:00 PM.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #24
Shaunam
Registered Users

I'd put on a hurt face and say "It makes me sad that you think my son won't be intelligent enough to learn proper hygiene". And walk away letting them think on that. LOL

Seriously though, most people still believe that you have to forcibly retract and scrub under there. My GMIL did that and the way she described it....yeah it's gotta be a horrible thing to have to do day in and day out. Because they fight and cry and scream and bleed because it HURTS.

So I'd probably let them know that what they believe "proper cleaning" is, is incredibly outdated and harmful and you just wash it like you would a finger, which isn't hard at all, and simpler than cleaning a girl's genitals.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #25
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No dirtier than your vagina
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #26
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

really though, some people are very ignorant about intact penis. they believe what they hear and i use it as an opportunity to educate them.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
Old 04-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #27
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Thread jacking for a moment: I have a "dumb" question. Clueless here as I have two baby girls, but a little boy on the way, and I plan to not circumcise unless my husband educates himself enough to argue his point on why he wants it.....

Once the boy gets older and the foreskin retracts, when erect it looks like a circumcised penis right? Because I've read stories here and there that women never knew their husbands wern't circumcised until they had the conversation about circumcision when a son was on the way.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #28
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko
Circing can cause skin tags/flaps. Not sure what it is called but a bit of the skin kind of folds over on it's self. This has to be cleaned out daily or it begins to smell. When you don't circ this doesn't happen. When I first saw this I didn't realize this was a common side effect of circing. I did a bit of research and found pics of more severe and harder to keep clean side effects of circing.
This happened to my husband when he was circ'd as an infant. Apparently the skin right on top that was cut, reattached itself over the ridge/tip of the penis and he had this weird look to it. Like, you could have put a hoop earring around it and it would look pierced sort of. Lol. It never really bothered him though, or me. Except i made sure he cleaned out from under it with a q-tip. Lol. I was always afraid just washing over it with a scrubby wouldn't get it clean and you cant pull it back like you can a foreskin so i just wanted to take extra precautions. We eventually had it fixed for free (thanks to the military!! Woot*) and its much better looking now! I don't make him run to the bathroom spur of the moment to clean out from under it..lol. I was just always afraid he might get yeast growing under it or something and couldn't really do anything "in the moment".

Oh and while he wasnt circ'd as an adult, he did experience a little bit of how it felt and he was better in like 2 days. Lol. Still sore, but not anything painful....so for that whole "but wont it be painful when he's an adult and gets circ'd?" convo, i imiagine it might, but it heals quickly and at least he gets to choose. Lol.

Afm, i circ'd my twins out of peer pressure, but if this one is a boy, he wont be circ'd. I get the whole "so he is going to look different from his dad and brothers?" and the locker room debate and even the dirty debate and i just try to give them facts, but they dont listen.. telling me he's going to have a complex, he's going to hate me for not circ'ing him, he's going to need it done when he's an old man because for some reason people think every old man needs a circ from continued infections...thats just the dirty old men who dont wash their penis, lol. Just like a dirty old woman who doesnt wash her belly rolls is going tto get an infection, but i dont see doctors going around cutting those off as babies so they dont get infected 60 years down the road. Lol. Or taking out the appendix, gall bladder, tonsils, etc atierh because they "may" need to be taken out later...lol.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #29
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by champatlife View Post
Thread jacking for a moment: I have a "dumb" question. Clueless here as I have two baby girls, but a little boy on the way, and I plan to not circumcise unless my husband educates himself enough to argue his point on why he wants it.....

Once the boy gets older and the foreskin retracts, when erect it looks like a circumcised penis right? Because I've read stories here and there that women never knew their husbands wern't circumcised until they had the conversation about circumcision when a son was on the way.
not really. dh's head is still covered when he's erect, he would have to push his foreskin down to looked circed and even then it's kind of like a turtle neck.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #30
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by champatlife

Did they only see their husbands penis when it was erect ? That's odd.

~Danielle~