Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Marchkins April Chat

So how's everyone doing?

to those that are still waiting on babies (if there's any left?)

Advertisement

lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Marchkins April Chat

Haven't checked in in FOREVER. Feel like my days just fly by and never enough time to get everything done. LOVING my little girl, never thought I could love her as much as I do. I am thinking now that maybe a big family could be a possibility for us (and by big, I mean.. 4).

Nursing is going pretty good, and I'm loving it. Never thought I would, since I had a horrible experience with DS. DS is at Grandma's for the next few days, spending lots of time with my younger siblings (the younger 4 out of us 7).

LOVE the nice weather, can't wait until DH is home. It will finally be more peaceful and calm now that our little monster is gone for a few days and we can really enjoy DD!
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nursing is going great here also, although I suspect that I have an oversupply. Micah seems to tolerate it but he sputters sometimes and can nurse on the same side and never run out. I'm trying out a block schedule for feeding instead of switching sides every time; we'll see if that helps. I don't like the super heavy full feeling that I have all of the time!
Anyone else have a chill baby? Micah is still mainly eating and sleeping. Wish that was true of my toddler!
Old 04-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nursing is going great here also, although I suspect that I have an oversupply. Micah seems to tolerate it but he sputters sometimes and can nurse on the same side and never run out. I'm trying out a block schedule for feeding instead of switching sides every time; we'll see if that helps. I don't like the super heavy full feeling that I have all of the time!
Anyone else have a chill baby? Micah is still mainly eating and sleeping. Wish that was true of my toddler!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516
Yup, I have a forceful letdown and oversupply too. I feel like we finally get caught up by the evening and then night hits and she is such a good sleeper that I am having hard, lumpy, leaky boobs by the morning again.

She is 4 weeks old today and last night sttn!! I couldn't even believe it when DH got up for work at 4:45 and took her to change her, he woke her up for that and I nursed her after. It is so awesome considering my older dd still doesn't sttn at 27 months but it also makes me nervous I will get AF back much sooner. It wasn't until 17months with DD1 and I got pregnant that cycle.

I have 23lbs to lose to get back to my prepregnancy weight and can't wait until my 6 week appt and then can go to weight watchers!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Days seem to be flying by. Trying to get back into the groove of homeschooling.

Posted on my blog about how life is as a mama of 5, to read, click this link.. I'll spare writing it all out here.

Kind of chaotic, but.. I feel we're doing really well and I have an abundance of patience, praise the Lord, which I don't normally have. Good thing, 'cause I need it!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Have not been on the computer much. Been pretty busy. DS2 is 2 1/2 weeks old and over 10 pounds. He has been nursing like crazy the last few days. Still going about 3 hour stretches at night. During the day he is nursing about every 1-2 hours.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quick update about us: Jonah got to come home last Saturday evening! It was such a relief esp because they told us to be prepared for Monday at the earliest, but all his labs came back looking good so they let us go. He is still breathing fast however the pedi isn't worried about it because everything else is perfect. Apparently he will just grow out of it. DS1 is doing pretty good adjusting we haven't had too many temper tantrums out of him. DS2 is nursing like a champ, although I have that constant full feeling also, even after he nurses. I never had that with DS1. He's peeing and pooping so I figure all is well!

I am going to try and get some pics on the computer tomorrow so I can share his cuteness with everyone!
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #9
crunch!910
Registered Users

I think any leftover March mamas that are overdue have moved over to April. It's too depressing to read your lady's posts with babies on the outside. Overdue, facing NST/BPPs and about ready to give up on my VBAC. There's no end in sight and I think I was a fool to waste so much money traveling 1.5 hrs for appointments.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #10
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by menthomas
Quick update about us: Jonah got to come home last Saturday evening! It was such a relief esp because they told us to be prepared for Monday at the earliest, but all his labs came back looking good so they let us go. He is still breathing fast however the pedi isn't worried about it because everything else is perfect. Apparently he will just grow out of it. DS1 is doing pretty good adjusting we haven't had too many temper tantrums out of him. DS2 is nursing like a champ, although I have that constant full feeling also, even after he nurses. I never had that with DS1. He's peeing and pooping so I figure all is well!

I am going to try and get some pics on the computer tomorrow so I can share his cuteness with everyone!
So glad he got to come home

Afm - I think I have the beginning of mastitis. Doing what I can to get rid of it and not let it get worse.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote