Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing bra shopping

I think I'm going to hold off until after I have the baby. My boobs have gotten crazy huge this time around. Usually, they don't get bigger at all until my milk comes in, but I'm already spilling out of a C cup (usually I'm a B, but I can barely fit into C's). I don't want to buy a bunch of D cups only to find out they're too big....

Advertisement

love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:28 AM   #12
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a few of the Target tanks and got some sleep bras on clearance from diapers.com, but I'm not going to look for a really good fitting bra until after she is born. We will probably end up converting a regular bra because I think it will end up cheaper in the long run.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #13
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have several sizes from my prev DDs so I should be set unless I need an even bigger size, which I don't anticipate. I've gotten mine from Motherhood Maternity. I wait for sales!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #14
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh I absolutely loathe bra shopping!!
I'm still wearing the one, yes one, that I bought when I was pg with P in 2010. I have another that I wear that I've had for seriously about 9 years. Did I mention I hate bra shopping?

I have no idea what size I am and the girls get SO big when my milk comes in that I think it might make sense to wait until then to shop. Last time I went to Motherhood but I was less than impressed.
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #15
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I would HIGHLY recommend getting professionally fitted at a real boutique store. Even if you don't buy their pricey wares, having a bra that actually fits and supports is almost life changing! I did it with DD and bought two nursing bras that were pricey but have held up beautifully and feel SO GOOD on!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #16
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had a lady size me at VS and she had me a C cup, I walked out with a DD and it was none to large, she still tried to convince it was too big, but it was the best thing ever! haha. They run small there, I'm a D most places.

Most def having them converted is the most wonderful thing I had done. There is a WAHM on here that did it for me and it turned out to be about $20 each, $5 for her and $15 for the bras from JCPenny. Right now I'm like a D.5, my Ds are too small and my DD are too big. lol!

Last edited by MrsAsh; 04-05-2012 at 08:06 AM.
MrsAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #17
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am so frustrated with any bra because I can't go to most regular stores and find anything...and being pregnant has made this worse.

I never breastfed my other 2 very long so this is the first time I have really looked into having nursing bras.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #18
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

DP

Last edited by bluedaisyma; 04-05-2012 at 10:49 AM.
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #19
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

my boobs used to get huge when my milk came in, but this past time, they barely changed. I think I might just get more of the sleep maternity bras bc they are so comfy and I can pull them up or down.
and it is a good idea to wait until your milk is in since it can be different with each baby!

The gillian o'malley ones are $5.94 now online at target....hmmm, I might get an XXL and use it just for sleep, it's worth risk at that price!
http://www.target.com/s/nursing+bras

Last edited by bluedaisyma; 04-05-2012 at 10:47 AM.
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #20
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm interested too. I only had a few nursing bras and one tank last time and all of them were awful. I ended up just wearing sports bras and lifting them up to nurse It would be good to have a few nice ones this time for NIP. I was too scared to buy nursing bras while pregnant with DS1 in fear that my boobs would get really big, and they never did, even when I was engorged. They were just stiff and hard, they looked fake I wish I was more prepared and bought some beforehand.