Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
calapitters
Registered Users

My Mood:
Do you see a chiropractor?

Does it help?

I have a nasty sciatica and a whole bunch of other lower aches. I am 30 weeks, but am feeling pressure and pain that i usually only feel during the last 4 weeks. 10 more weeks without relief seems slightly unbearable! My midwife recommended that I see a chiropractor for it. I've never been to one before, but am now very intrigued since learning about the benefits during labor and for me and baby's overall health.

Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

I've been going since about 28 weeks, and I definitely think it helped. I was having an awful pain in my left lower back that she fixed in one session.

Also, the baby has good positioning and has been that way for 4 weeks now. I'm not sure it's 100% due to chiro care, but I'm certain that the chiro hasn't hurt!
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you see a chiropractor?

Yep, it definitely helps. Go for it.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

if I could afford to, I def would. I went all the time with my 4th. it was wonderful!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've gone to a Chiro regularly through all three of my pregnancies. As someone who had a serious back injury, I believe it's the only thing that got me safely and comfortably through the changes in my body. Every time I start getting an ache or a shooting pain, I can explain it to my Chiro and he fixes it in one session!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
NCFlanagan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had horrible sciatica with my first two pregnancies, but didn't go to the chiro until near the end of my second. It was so bad at that point that I went 3 times per week for over a month just so that I could walk!

With my current pregnancy (my due date was today - looks like I'll be late again!) I started going once a week just as soon as I felt the first twinge of pain (about three months ago). It has made a world of difference!
NCFlanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Last pregnancy I had sciatica and this time it's been diagnosed as more likely piriformis syndrome. Or at least that's what's needing the adjustments.

Problem is... Most chiros I've been to do what's called 'the basic 7' and I think it sucks and not worth the money. Usually I end up in more pain or the adjustment lasts all of a whopping day or two. My chiro now uses muscle testing to adjust which means that she checks my entire back and after adjusting checks AGAIN. She also adjusts extremities as well as muscle work, which is also really important. Like my sciatic issue is a butt muslce issue so she adjusts my pubic symphisis, my tailbone and massages my butt cheek is a way that gets rid of the pain right away. A regular chiro I'm left limping out of the office just as much as when I walked in.

As far as pricing goes my chiro charges $50 and my session is 30-60 minutes! Most other chiros I've been to last 5 minutes if they're talkative I know of another chiro that adjusts similarly but does more muscle work and more experience, he charges $60 per 20 minutes.

DD was adjusted within 24 hours of birth and irregularly after that. I noticed that it really helped her too. She would spit up after an adjustment, have a good poop and then a really good sleep!

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
FluffyBum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've been seeing one and it's great!!! I went with my last pregnancy at 30wks and felt soo much relief from sciatica. This one I started at 21 wks and I'm glad I did!! This one likes to put pressure on my back and it travels down to my legs!!! I don't think I would have made it without the care.
Plus the baby's position is perfect. I totally recommend it!!
FluffyBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #9
averysmom
Registered Users

My second baby was breech and the midwives I was seeing at the time never recommended seeing a chiro. I did some research in between #2 and #3 and started seeing a chiro before I got pregnant with #3 and I believe the adjustments kept me from having another breech baby. I see one now with baby #4 as well. Right now I go every other week and then at about 22-24 weeks I'll start going weekly. It really does help lesson all the aches and pains.
Avery Grace 8-17-05 Autumn Rose my HBAC baby 2-9-10 EXPECTING #4 sometime in Sept. 2012 Planning my second homebirth!!
averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #10
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

curiosity question what is the "normal" range a visit costs? I know our insurance doesn't cover it. I really wanted to go last pregnancy because my hips were all out of wack. I couldn't spread my legs apart at all, going to the bathroom was a pure nightmare, as was getting in and out of a car, and at night or after prolonged sitting I could barely walk from the pain. I figured the cost was probably really high so I passed.