Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
deannamarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Diaper cream in my Fuzzibunz... HELP!!!

I pulled out my old stash to get ready for new baby and found 6 VGUC small fuzzibunz I have decided i am going to sell for funding my GMD prefold diaper stash, but I noticed there is a small amount of diaper cream on all of them!! They do not smell so I think it was just the Burt's Bees cream we use, not desitin (we never used that but its possible someone at daycare snuck it in on a few changes), but I need advice how to get it out that is not going to wear out the PUL and fleece itself. These are in really good condition and I would like to not have to sell them with that flaw

Please help!!!

Advertisement

deannamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper cream in my Fuzzibunz... HELP!!!

Diaper cream can waterproof your micro fleece. I've had it happen several times - where a liner with destin snuck into the wash or DH forgot and put it on.
I don't know how to get the stain out - but I was able to get them functional again by scrubbing every inch of micro fleece inside and out with blue liquid original dawn. Takes about 5-10 mins per diaper. Then I did a couple cold rinses in the sink and then a regular wash cycle.
Good luck!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
deannamarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey i'm due in july too Thanks for the tip, do you know if it has to be blue dawn? we don't buy that, we try to stick with the crunchy cleaning products but i suppose i could try to find someone who has some or just buy a tiny bottle. Do you think my other dish soap would work?

Anyone else solved this problem without being to rough on the pockets?
Old 05-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
deannamarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just updating, i did the blue dawn thing, and it worked great, absorbancy not an issue at all, there was hardly any on there to begin with. But these diapers are in great shape now Thanks for the tip!