Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #11
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Kid Bed?

DS never had a crib, co-slept in our bed and now (at 22 mo in prep for the new baby) he sleeps in a twin attached to our bed. Since he is in our room, he doesn't get out of bed, he just plays in bed next to us. After nap he yells for me to come get him. He can get out of bed, but he won't lol.

Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #12
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

DD co-slept until like 3 and 4 months old. We had her use a crib mattress in her own room, then when she was about a month shy of 4, we bought her a twin mattress, so we could start having DS nap in a toddler bed with her crib mattress. We had two crib mattresses at one point, but with two co-sleepers, it was excessive, so we sold one.
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #13
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

21 months.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #14
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD is a couple months younger than yours, OP, & she's still in the crib. My mom got her a toddler bed sheet set for her 2nd birthday (on 3/2) & she calls it her "big girl bed", even though the crib rail is still on. I think we're flipping the bedrooms around (moving her to the current guest room) this weekend & I imagine we'll take the side off the crib then. I'm not opposed to putting her in a twin, but I still have to go buy a mattress & the toddler bed will leave her w/ more play area on the floor.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #15
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

DD moved to a twin bed (on a captain's bed frame, with a side rail) at 17 months. She was totally ready for it and it went fairly smooth. We had a baby gate at her bedroom doorway so she was 'contained' to her room if she got up.

DS is almost 23 months now, and still in his crib. We are thinking about moving him to the twin bed mattress on the floor in his room soon.. he's probably *almost* ready.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #16
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

2y5m, 2y7m, and 2y6m is still in a crib with no plans to move him to a toddler bed anytime soon.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #17
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We move to a toddler bed. I think they are easier for kids, and feel more "crib like."

DD1 I moved at 18 months because she was starting school where they napped on cots. BIG MISTAKE. It was a power struggle for a really long time to keep her in bed, and she won it a lot of the time.

DFS I moved at 2.5, and it was a much much much better transition. He didn't get out of bed very much at all.

For DD2, I am going to wait as long as possible.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #18
tjmacke
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have a transitional crib/toddler bed and I changed it over once I knew my son was physically able to crawl out around 18 months.
tjmacke is offline   Reply With Quote