Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
really,really irritated with my aunt

We will be finding out the gender of this baby tomorrow (God willing) and my family has been hounding me about telling them. I've toldthem from the beginning that I WILL tell them but it will be in my own time when I'm ready. I don't want to do the typical facebook or e-mail announcment, especially if this may be our last child (Lord i hope not!). I thought the issue was dropped until today.

Apparently my aunt out in CA, who I've never met in person (onlytalked to a handful of times in my entire life), has been buying crazy stuff for a girl because that'swhat I HAVE to be having. I didn't realize the extent of this craziness until I talked to my grandmother tonight. Now, she can have her own craziness so it made things worse. This was how the convo went.

"Good luck tomorrow. You'll have to let Auntie _____ know what it is"
me: "No I don't." semi laughing
"But she bought over $150 worth of girl stuff already!"
me: "she's crazy.well she'll know when everyone else knows."
"mmhmm" (all snotty)
me: "I will be telling everyone, but when I'm ready and in my own way. I want to do it in a fun way.

more snotty tones and she hung up. Later, after venting to my aunt who I'm very close with I found out that said aunt told them that they better notbother calling tomorrow unless it's a girl I'm having.

Excuse me? Screw her. Frankly, I won't tell anyone if I'm gonna get attitude for wanting to make it special. And what, if we have another boy he won't be special? As of right nowI plan on writing "Return to Sender" on every stupid card and package she sends us from now on (she always sends stuff).

Why are people so selfish and worried about what I'm pushing out my hooah? What about just praying for a healthy baby? Its the attitude that really bothers me though. You didn't have to spend a dime, that's your problem not mine. ugh!

Advertisement

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: really,really irritated with my aunt

just say the tech couldn't tell...then maybe you have one of those 3d/4d u/s in a week or two..
Old 04-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #3
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410
just say the tech couldn't tell...then maybe you have one of those 3d/4d u/s in a week or two..
Yes, this!!! LOL. People are so rude!

When we went in for our 3d gender reveal, this older lady can stomping out in the middle of her dil's ultrasound having a borderline tantrum and shaking her head because it was another girl and she's sick of girls. She told the receptionist that her other son's wife is expecting too and if that baby is not a boy, she wont have anything to do with any of them. I couldn't believe it!
austinandashlynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:55 AM   #4
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

uggg-- So sorry you are dealing with this. One reason we are not finding out. Everyone can be mad if they want to. We just want a healthy baby. We get the girl comments too especially since we have two boys.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #5
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinandashlynsmommy View Post

When we went in for our 3d gender reveal, this older lady can stomping out in the middle of her dil's ultrasound having a borderline tantrum and shaking her head because it was another girl and she's sick of girls. She told the receptionist that her other son's wife is expecting too and if that baby is not a boy, she wont have anything to do with any of them. I couldn't believe it!
that is just horrible. But I am not surprised. I have a lady at work who clearly loves her grand daughters more than the one grandson. SHe made some many comments when he was born and then when the next one was a girl. REally. Can't they just be happy for healty baby.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:35 AM   #6
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinandashlynsmommy View Post

That's how this aunt is acting! I guess she knows 2 other women who are pregnant and both are having boys. So I must have a girl because she bought all this stuff already KNOWING we didn't know yet. And the "don't call unless its a girl" crap? Screw you, seriously.

I would say people surprise me, but s adly they don't.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #7
crunch!910
Registered Users

You could have fun with all your obnoxious family members. You could tell some that the tech couldn't see gender, tell others its a girl, and then tell even others its a boy. Once they got all chatting together, boy would they be ticked off! Serves them right for giving you such heck.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #8
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b View Post
That's how this aunt is acting! I guess she knows 2 other women who are pregnant and both are having boys. So I must have a girl because she bought all this stuff already KNOWING we didn't know yet. And the "don't call unless its a girl" crap? Screw you, seriously.

I would say people surprise me, but s adly they don't.
OHhhh so she bought girl stuff hoping someone would have a girl...here i was, thinking, "oh just be nice she bought these things for your family and wants you to enjoy them"...but heck no...she bought them for a general gift for SOMEONE having a girl...not personal..just "oo this is cute" or "oh a good sale!"..that's almost as annoying
Old 04-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #9
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

i sooo wouldn't tell anyone for a good couple of weeks!!! tell them that yall couldn't get a good look and will have to go back...

and i agree i wouldn't take anything from said aunt if that is the way she wants to act....I would never talk to her again...its not like you are going to run into her at the corner store...lol
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #10
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
You could have fun with all your obnoxious family members. You could tell some that the tech couldn't see gender, tell others its a girl, and then tell even others its a boy. Once they got all chatting together, boy would they be ticked off! Serves them right for giving you such heck.
hehe

that's so annoying! DHs family asks on the phone every time (and with the last babe too) if we know the sex yet. They start asking right when I get pregnant . We don't ever find out and we tell them that. Last time they were convinced 100% it was a girl and bought......like $300 worth of boys clothes....huh? Anyway, I would tell your mom NOT to tell your Aunt at ALL.
I don't get why people have to know (not the parents, that is a personal decision), but outside people? Either buy things on sale and keep the receipt if you can't resist or WAIT. sheesh. they'll find out eventually....unless you are going genderless even after birth