Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #11
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: really,really irritated with my aunt

This is the reason I won't be telling family when we are going for our gender scan, lol. Sorry you are going through this.

Advertisement

Old 04-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #12
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How incredibly rude.

We had the opposite problem with our babies. My FIL insisted that he did not want to know the babies sex, and no one was to tell him, because it was "better" to have a surprise (what they did for all 9 of their kids).

I was pretty upset the first time since not only was it our first baby, but the first grandbaby on both sides of the family. I told him it was not HIS baby, and I was not going to take special precautions to make sure he didn't find out.

I had even made cute cards for Mother's Day announcing that it was a boy and couldn't wait to share the news with everyone. He tried to walk away when MIL was opening the card and cover his ears because he didn't want to know.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #13
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910
You could have fun with all your obnoxious family members. You could tell some that the tech couldn't see gender, tell others its a girl, and then tell even others its a boy. Once they got all chatting together, boy would they be ticked off! Serves them right for giving you such heck.
YES.
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #14
dogmom327
Registered Users
seller

I'd go with telling people the tech couldn't tell (baby had it's legs closed--happened to us, really) or that you decided not to go to the appointment. You can then decide whether you want to share in the info at all at any point. I think I'd make them all wait until baby is born but I'm a bit evil like that.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #15
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
You could have fun with all your obnoxious family members. You could tell some that the tech couldn't see gender, tell others its a girl, and then tell even others its a boy. Once they got all chatting together, boy would they be ticked off! Serves them right for giving you such heck.
Oh my goodness Crunch! If I ever get annoyed by someone I'm going to tell you the story so you can give me ideas!!

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #16
khbordelon
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tell everybody you're expecting a bicycle! Two nice handle bars, shiny chromes, the whole shabang!
People are so rude!
MIL insisted on knowing the name we had chosen for DS when we told everybody we were having a boy because she "had to have it embroidered on his Christmas stockings!!" Seriously!! He was born in March so she would have had plenty of time to have it done for his first Christmas! Of course we didn't tell anybody his name until he was born. And we learn our lesson: we didn't tell anybody the gender for DD until she was born! And we are not telling for this one either.
Plus they don't get that when you have had a loss/losses, you could care less about the gender of your baby as long as it is a healthy little one. Hell, I couldn't care less if DD had 11 fingers as long as everything else was working properly!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #17
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WHY do people do this kind of stuff?!?! OP, I'm so sorry.

I hope you have a healthy, happy baby no matter what its gender might be!

Last edited by Almacham; 04-08-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #18
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh you know what would be hilarious? Say your not telling anyone, even after the baby is born, bc you want him/her to not be influenced by gender specific stereotypes (like that one couple did)

http://theweek.com/article/index/215...-kept-a-secret

Last edited by tygr2410; 04-06-2012 at 06:15 PM.
tygr2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #19
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

haha Tina, that did cross my mind.

Well, we're having another boy!! HAHA. As soon as we got home we told my aunt, who I'm very close to, and her response hurt me more than the other aunt, by a million. She goes, "congrats!" "ahh I'm so sorry though, I know you wanted a girl" I was like, "what? no I didn't" and she goes "well I know Tom did". I looked at him and he didn't want to cause an arguement so he just smiled and said he was happy baby was healthy.

I couldn't believe it. She knew about our loss and that I really just wanted a healthy baby. A girl would have been nice,yes, and we talked about how it would be nice to have a boy and girl but that another boy would be wonderful. And my DF has said all along that he just wants a healthy baby, he could care less about gender (said this was DS1 even).

I did tell everyone (which I planned to, but wanted to do it MY way not just a boring e-mail) and thankfully everyone has been nice. But if I get one more "I'm sorry" I WILL snap. I promise you that!

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #20
doodah
Registered Users
seller

oh lordy, I feel bad for you OP. Your family is being very insensitive. We have three girls and while I know that people would be happy IF we were ever to have a boy in the future, no one is mean like this because we dont. Im sorry you are going through this.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote