Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #21
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: really,really irritated with my aunt

We're only having two, and though I haven't gotten the "i'm sorry" line for having another boy, I do get asked things like "were you uspet it wasn't a girl?" or "are you happy its a boy?" I just try to realize THEY are putting THEIR emotions on me and if they really put it in an annoying way, reply with something that suggests they are bad people for not being happy for just a healthy baby. But most times I just explain nicely that I wanted another boy, believe it or not, but would have been happy with either gender. I don't live in China.

Advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #22
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
We're only having two, and though I haven't gotten the "i'm sorry" line for having another boy, I do get asked things like "were you uspet it wasn't a girl?" or "are you happy its a boy?" I just try to realize THEY are putting THEIR emotions on me and if they really put it in an annoying way, reply with something that suggests they are bad people for not being happy for just a healthy baby. But most times I just explain nicely that I wanted another boy, believe it or not, but would have been happy with either gender. I don't live in China.

Well said! My happiness as a parent is not based on the genitalia of my children and I am no less a mother for the fact that I have not raised a boy. How bout we make some tshirts and wear them in a show of solidarity
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #23
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b View Post
haha Tina, that did cross my mind.

Well, we're having another boy!! HAHA. As soon as we got home we told my aunt, who I'm very close to, and her response hurt me more than the other aunt, by a million. She goes, "congrats!" "ahh I'm so sorry though, I know you wanted a girl" I was like, "what? no I didn't" and she goes "well I know Tom did". I looked at him and he didn't want to cause an arguement so he just smiled and said he was happy baby was healthy.

I couldn't believe it. She knew about our loss and that I really just wanted a healthy baby. A girl would have been nice,yes, and we talked about how it would be nice to have a boy and girl but that another boy would be wonderful. And my DF has said all along that he just wants a healthy baby, he could care less about gender (said this was DS1 even).

I did tell everyone (which I planned to, but wanted to do it MY way not just a boring e-mail) and thankfully everyone has been nice. But if I get one more "I'm sorry" I WILL snap. I promise you that!
Congrats, mama! thanks for telling us

I tell ya, I will snap along with you! I am due with my 6th and have 5 boys and NO ONE believes me that I don't CARE if it's a boy or girl. Like, um, I make boys pretty well, so why mess with it but for real, it totally pisses me off!
Old 04-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #24
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ugh, I'm sorry people are judging and assuming they know what you're thinking! I can't stand assumptions about my family. When we found out our second was a girl (first was a boy), everyone assumed we were done and we heard a lot of "great, you will have the perfect family and he done". It used to make me so mad because clearly we weren't LOL. Now that we are expecting #4, I get tired of people trying to be comedians and asking if we know what causes it. People just need to mind heir own business and be happy for others.
austinandashlynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #25
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats on your boy!

We have three boys, and I hear the I'm sorry and you need a girl comments all the time. It's frustrating... especially because I really don't care if I ever have a girl . I'm so happy with all boys, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not having a daughter.

But when DS2 and DS3 were born, no one in DH's family was excited. They all just made comments about how much fun it would be have a girl, and how we'll have to keep trying to get a girl .
Old 04-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #26
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Reasons boys are great

"We've got most of the baby stuff already"
"Well, we never have to pay for a wedding!"
"Camping trips with Dad alone"
"No pms, buying tampons, or birth control!"
"No make up"
"We're baseball/footballl fans anyways"
"No ballet or dance classes"

"God thought we've done such a great job raising So-in-so, he gave us another boy"
etc etc etc
Old 04-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #27
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats on your new boy!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #28
Urchin
Registered Users
seller

Wow. If I were in your shoes, I would be VERY spiteful and not tell anyone until the baby was born. lol

OH! I just read the rest of the thread and see you're having a boy Congrats! Your DS will love being a big brother! Brothers have a special bond!

I know when I found out I was having a girl, DH's family's response was quite upsetting to me. His mom had 2 boys and only wanted boys. His whole family is made up of boys and the last girl had been born 78 years ago.

I totally thought they'd be SO excited to know we'd conceived the first girl in 78 years, but no. The first thing they said was "Oh well, you can try for a boy next time!"

It hurt SO bad. DH's family are the nicest people too, so I was really surprised that they'd say that.

Once Audrina was born though, that all changed. They LOVE her, spoil her and cannot get enough of her (it doesnt hurt that she looks just like their side of the family! haha)...and they even talk about her having a little brother OR sister in a few years, which makes me really happy.

Your family will embrace your new little bundle of blue...and if they dont, that's their loss!

Last edited by Urchin; 04-09-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Urchin is offline   Reply With Quote