Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #11
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: help me deal with annoying "Baby here?" questions

I have 2 very classy friends who posted daily status updates for us so we didnt' have to ask.

Went for a long walk today, feel great.

I officially feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever.

Had some annoying contractions today, grrr...

So tired, anyone want to come do my laundry?

Baby pool is CLOSED! My water just broke on the kitchen floor!

Advertisement

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #12
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They might have made an error w/ my mom's dates when she was expecting me. She was 16yo and living far away from anyone she knew. The edd was 9/25 and I was born 10/18. People were calling her CONSTANTLY and saying things like "ain't you had that baby yet?" so one day she just snapped and said "oh yea! I just pushed it out on the kitchen table and got up to answer the phone!!!"
Old 04-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #13
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamommy View Post
This is what I would do. or just stay off facebook! I have been purposely very "facebook quiet" about this pregnancy because my friends forget when I am due.
I went a step frther and we didn't even announce this pregnancy to anyone A few close friends figured it out and asked but they know we purposely didn't announce.
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #14
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I know it's irritating but I know that my friends were super eager as well so sometimes their excitement got the best of them. Remember she's not out to get you and isn't trying to be rude or annoying.

Thing is, many folks aren't used to people going over their EDD. I went two weeks over and it's a good thing since if I would have gone two or three weeks earlier than my EDD she would have been preemie since our due date was off (judging by all the vernix, she wasn't late!).

I took to joking about the situation on my fb status, saying stuff like, "I'm not really pregnant, I just have a donut habit."
Old 04-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #15
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMandy
I know it's irritating but I know that my friends were super eager as well so sometimes their excitement got the best of them. Remember she's not out to get you and isn't trying to be rude or annoying.
I agree!
I'm a huge advocate of natural birth. I had 2 natural (vag./unmedicated) births but.....I am always eager to meet/ hear of new life. I'm not trying to have a "your body is a failure" undertone but "I'm so excited to meet your new little one" vibe .

she probably is just really excited for you! Try not to think of her as being hurtful/ annoying. Maybe be honest and straight forward- "I'm pretty stressed about my vbac. I'd like some quiet time before baby gets here. I'll call you as soon as I can after the delivery."

good luck on your vbac!!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #16
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just respond to all questions of the "have you had the baby yet" variety with this link: http://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/ I know it get's annoying, sorry
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #17
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyA874
Just respond to all questions of the "have you had the baby yet" variety with this link: http://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/ I know it get's annoying, sorry
Hahaha that's hysterical!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #18
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Sorry you are going through this OP.
I have no helpful advice I deliver early BUT
I wanted to give you some encouragment.
DS3 and DD1 were both HIGH, no cervix changes and no show etc.
DS3 I was told "there is no way this baby is coming anytime soon so get it out of your head" by my midwife. He was born less then 16 hours later.
DD didn't "drop" until I was PUSHING. She was just a bit tangled in her cord.
So baby really could be soon - just because things aren't changing doesn't mean automatically baby isn't going to co-operate!
I'll send some good labour vibes your way
(Goodness knows I have enough to share - I'm 36 weeks and already feel like this one is going to be sooner then later.)
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
borncrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I went to 42 weeks exactly before having a hospital induction due to state homebirth and midwifery laws. I had SROM with my older two at 38 weeks, so everyone was expecting me to go early again. It got really really annoying. I just laughed it off mostly, but the common offenders got apace to face or phone call and I explained it was very hard on me that I was so overdue and really didn't need anyone reminding me. They would of COURSE be the first to know when labor started, via text, phone or Facebook, so could they please just STOP asking. I was not going to "forget" to tell them, so they needed to back off.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #20
chello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

that is my mom. Praise God she doesn't text! I changed my answering machine message to say "Hi, this is **********. No, the baby has not been born. No, I'm not in labour. If you are calling to ask those questions, please trust that you WILL be notified when anything does happen, we are not trying to keep you out of the loop. If you're calling for any other reason, please leave a message."
(DH had told me just to not answer the phone, but that doesn't work with my mom. She'll just call back, every ten minutes or less, until I answer )

She called and was very apologetic for bothering me so much. I did feel bad for how badly she felt, and told her she wasn't the only one the message was intended for, when she totally was
So we'll see how well she does when it's getting close to the due date this time! All I've told her is "August"