Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Registered Users
Location: I live in Arlington, Texas, but travel for work. Currently located in Morgantown WV
My Mood:
Milk is mostly gone.

Even though I told my doctor that I was BF'ing, I had a hard time responding to medications for a lymph node infection...all over my body my lymph nodes were swollen and infected and painful. (Some even became swollen to a point that they let out the infection through puss - TMI?, Gross, I know)

So in the end the antibiotic they had me put on was NOT safe for BF'ing (I tried - caused baby tons of diarrhea and tummy aches and that was just in one day)
So I had to not BF for 10 days. I can't afford an electric pump at the moment since I JUST returned to work, so I am stuck with a small manual hand pump which worked fine at home.

Now my milk is mostly gone and I am wanting to try and bring it back to breastfeed. I work Mon-Friday and can't really have her nurse whenever she's hungry, and I don't have a way to get a pump right now.....any suggestions or advice?

I really don't want to have to stop BF'ing. We RARELY supplemented and now she is almost entirely formula. :/

yaylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Milk is mostly gone.

Can you use that manual pump every two hours for 15-20 minutes or so each day?

Sorry you are in a touch spot!
Christ following Mama happily married to my best friend, Ryan , and loving my days with Rachael (11/06/2006), Rayna (09/10/2009) and Rowan (10/20/2012).
huntmommy is offline   Reply With Quote