Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
need some diaps!
Registered Users
seller

10 month old w/ fever

I have been reading other mamas posts and am wondering if any other babies have wanted to not nurse much when sick? My 2 older kids were nursers when sick. So now LO has been running a pretty high fever for the last 2 days. Having been through the don't bring them in until its been so many days we have been trying to keep her comfy and trying for lots of rest. What has me worried is she hasn't been wanting to nurse much. She refuses anything by mouth so I finally found acetaminophen suppositories and gave her one which brought the fever down for awhile. She just seems so weak and its terrible to watch. I guess I am looking for some similar stories...

Advertisement

need some diaps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Sometime ear infections make sucking painful.

But that's all I've got. Sorry and hope it gets better.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
need some diaps!
Registered Users
seller

Re: 10 month old w/ fever

Thanks for your reply!! I am going to post a link to this because I had never heard of it before and maybe it will help some other frantic mama in the future!

http://voices.yahoo.com/roseola-if-child-has-58093.html
Old 04-08-2012, 04:09 AM   #4
JennyAnneC
Registered Users

Our pedi usually says wait 72 hours of the fever before bringing them in but don't hesitate if you think LO is getting dehydrated!!! My DS1 will not drink if he is the slightest bit of nausea and is a horrible medicine taker. We went through a roseola type virus last year with both him and DS2, fevers would spike to 104.5. He ended up getting an iv for fluids in the pedi office on day 3 then on day 5 I took him back in and they sent us to the hospital. He wasn't admitted but we spent about 8 hours there with him getting fluids and a couple of test were run just to make sure it was a virus.
JennyAnneC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:13 AM   #5
JennyAnneC
Registered Users

Also for fever control you can alternate tylenol and motrin every 3 hours. DS2 has had fevers a few times that will spike before it is time for the next dose of meds and that is what the pedi had us do to keep it down.
JennyAnneC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:23 AM   #6
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

My son was up to 104.8, the doc had us alternate tylenol and ibuprofen to keep the fever down. After 4 days the fever broke and he got the roseola rash.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #7
need some diaps!
Registered Users
seller

I had never heard of this before...the fever was bad but those happen with kids. The only way we can get anything in her was with a suppository and I only found those in acetaminophen form. It was her crying /screaming like she was in pain that had me worried. DH and I were convinced she had swallowed something and it was stuck. Much as I try to be calm while my kids are sick inside it freaks me out
She is past the fever stage but is still really cranky...hoping for a fast few days and a return of my happy little girl!!