Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #21
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any momas enjoy shooting/hunting?

I have no clue what would take down a hog! We don't have wild ones here. But I know the rifle will take down a mule deer. Do you shoot rabbits and squirrel with a shotgun or rifle? I don't hunt either of those either. They aren't much bigger than a duck so I think it would work?

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #22
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any momas enjoy shooting/hunting?

Well in all honesty, it was our property and for the rabit and squirel I was hunting, it was the 22 I always grabbed. The damage was minimal and I liked I would keep it localised to the kill spot. I really don't care for a shotgun other than useing a slug. I can't stand the idea of spray. I don't wanna clean up that mess, kwim. The rifel sounds perfect for me actually. I just googled it a bit and i like what I read. I think I'm a good enough shot. My question I can't find the info on is what's the weight of your pack style vs. the average style. I found the average one weighs about 7 lbs. I also saw one that was only a single shot, not so sure I would do so well with that. I may, we have had a single and it wasn't to bad. I just like a cpl shots available just in case. I think we still have one single shot? I don't even know what's in there anymore? Duh, I've just been to affraid of hurting myself further. The practise shooting we did the other day was just to fun to leave it alone any longer, lol.

I seriously appriceate the time you have taken to help me out here!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote