Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2012, 05:50 AM   #1
ducky5306
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
May Babies 4/9-4/15

New week ladies!

Anyone else having weird dreams? I keep dreaming baby is here but has issues (like refuses to breastfeed only takes a bottle, has no nose!?, etc)

Also i had really bad pelvic pain from 15 weeks to about 28 weeks they it just completely disappeared and now its back and worse then ever! Wondering if she had flipped breech at 28 weeks and now is back head down?

I have another U/S at 36 weeks to check her position.

Hope everyone had a great Easter and Passover if you celebrate!

Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 06:22 AM   #2
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: May Babies 4/9-4/15

Ah the hip pain! I had it pretty bad also for a while, then when DH left for training, it went away, like, that day and was pretty much gone the entire time. Then he got back and it's back (and no, we havn't dtd in, well, a long while). I think i posted a link a few days ago about dealing with SPD. Sadly for me, SAturday i had to run (and i do mean RUN! My baby fell off our swing set and my DH ran for him and I ran for a phone to call 911 incase it was needed) and i've been paying for it since (but of course, i'd do it again if my kid was seriously injured, thankfully he was fine!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebabies View Post
I had a birth center birth with my first, and a home birth with the same midwives with my second. IME the midwives were very cool about abiding by my requests. I'd just have a little chat with them the next time you have an appt and let them know what you feel the most comfortable with as far as who is around during labor, if you want to catch the baby this time, etc. Looks like a fabulous choice in birth places. My midwives have to listen to the baby's hb about every 1/2 hour, and check my bp occasionally, but other than that they can pretty much be out of the room. They're pretty good at knowing when birth is imminent by just listening to the mama's voice during contractions. HTH!
I'm looking forward to it and yeah i guess i just have to talk to them. I do labor fast, and quietly...i'm not a vocal person by nature, shyness in me i think lol! It's not even that i suppress it, it's just i'm not comfortable and have become so use to it that it's what IS comfortable for me, being quiet that is. If we were in a hospital or maybe even birth center if they are not in the room, i'm confident that we could have the baby and know one would know until they heard the baby cry.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
HIP PAIN: i've had awful pain for the last 6 days. (i may have caused this by wearing my 42 lb preschooler at the zoo :/)My midwife and chiro both informed me that i have hip seperation. Basically, i feel like i'm being pulled apart like a wishbone. I was told to up my chiro visits, do strength excersizes, and get a support belt that is specifically for hip pain. I get mine tomorrow. I have to sleep in a mound of pillows (between legs, by belly, by back, and head). I seriously hope something helps... I'm dieing here and DH and i are supposed to clean the garage and find the baby stuff today. I can barely freaking walk let alone move stuff.

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect

Last edited by jamilynn84; 04-09-2012 at 07:28 AM.
jamilynn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410

I'm looking forward to it and yeah i guess i just have to talk to them. I do labor fast, and quietly...i'm not a vocal person by nature, shyness in me i think lol! It's not even that i suppress it, it's just i'm not comfortable and have become so use to it that it's what IS comfortable for me, being quiet that is. If we were in a hospital or maybe even birth center if they are not in the room, i'm confident that we could have the baby and know one would know until they heard the baby cry.
I thought I would be all calm and quiet during labor, but turns out I am calm and LOUD! Haha. Loud as in lots of vocalizing (not screaming, eek!). The midwives at my births so far have been in the room, but just sitting back quietly letting me do my thing until I need them. I would imagine it would be similar for you. But yes, I'd definitely ask!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Cleaning day, arrg! Thankfully as soon as I finish I am refusing to do ANYTHING else the rest of the day and plan on parking it on the couch and watching movies with dd - I do not feel good still and it is driving me crazy. I am not used to being still.

My midwife has to do a quick check on us every 20 minutes - just the hb & then I can kick her away again =)

Not much planned for this week thankfully - I have another mw appointment Wednesday morning and we have our prenatal group that day as well but aside from that we will mostly be staying home/taking random walks to the library/park/oeyc to kill time/keep dd busy/from driving me nuts.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #6
mommyria2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just got back from my weekly appt. I am GBS negative! w00t! The mw looked over my birth plan and everything is good. I'm ready to get this show on the road.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyria2
Just got back from my weekly appt. I am GBS negative! w00t! The mw looked over my birth plan and everything is good. I'm ready to get this show on the road.
Nice!
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

13 days until I'm cleared for the birth center! I have an appt with the chiro, OB, and MW this week. Oh, and the crib finally got here!
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #9
CHERUBUMS
Registered Users
Formerly: mnotley75
seller

My Mood:

Morning Ladies! I hope everyone had an enjoyable Easter.

Our weekend was very busy, but so nice to see family yesterday.

Still struggling with spring colds here, but hopefully they're on the way out.

Plan for today is the same as everyday... tidy/clean up the house, do laundry, errands and work on my "to do" list before baby gets here.

As for weird dreams - I typically remember dreams, but during pregnancy they're extremely weird and can't be explained. I tend to not remember all of the details and I'm sure its a good thing I don't.

I have horrible hip pain too and feel like I'm going to split like a wishbone as well. I "think" baby is now head down - I'm sure hoping she is!!! My OB has found the hb in the same spot the last 3 appointments and she figured baby was head down, back on my right side and her limbs and face facing my left side.

~Michelle
Old 04-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #10
jesscorine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky5306 View Post
New week ladies!

Anyone else having weird dreams? I keep dreaming baby is here but has issues (like refuses to breastfeed only takes a bottle, has no nose!?, etc
I've been having nice dreams. Dreams about family and friends that I'll never see again (ex: my cousin who has always been like a brother to me, that has joined a monastery...I'm not religious, I'll never be able to visit him -- also my best friend who died of cancer 7 years ago) -- they've been very emotionally fulfilling. I feel like this baby might fill a few gaps that I've been feeling in my life the past few years
jesscorine is offline   Reply With Quote