Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
mrschaeos
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Talking darn TSC chick days!

Ok so i was going to go in the morning an look, just look at the last banty shipment. Well, my mom an i were out doing some running around while my son was as speech so we decided to go get feed an horse fly spray. Well i was looking at the chicks an my daughter says to the lady working " what are you all going to do when they get so big they fly out?" Sale lady says "put them on clearance." My daughter knowing i am a sucker for sales says," oh, when do they go on sale?!" Sale lady says, "oh right now if you will take some!" So we got ten an $1.50 each! I am so excited! They are all so cute!

They sold 32 reds for $1 each while i was picking out my banties, no straight runs, pullets! So if you need more chicks they are doing sales at TSC, just ask! All mine are almost fully feathered already!

Wishing my check from work would come so i could build another hoop coop an get a few more before they are all gone. Because tomorrows shipment will be clearance in a couple weeks

Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: darn TSC chick days!

chicken math. I got caught up too. LOL Just bought 5 EE's.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
mrschaeos
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I dont know what kind of banties i got, i know one is a frizzle for sure! Which is exciting! I wanted a grey silkie but they were out. So i asked if i came tomorrow if i can just get two silkies ,she said sure. So going to check back for silkies tomorrow, an then i am done till next year! Or next week not sure..LOL! I only have 15, thats not many, right?
Old 04-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

How long do the chick days last? Just wondering if they will still have chicks when I am ready for them....I am doubtfull. I want to get them right now! ...but cant.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschaeos View Post
I dont know what kind of banties i got, i know one is a frizzle for sure! Which is exciting! I wanted a grey silkie but they were out. So i asked if i came tomorrow if i can just get two silkies ,she said sure. So going to check back for silkies tomorrow, an then i am done till next year! Or next week not sure..LOL! I only have 15, thats not many, right?
LOL, um... well 15 would be lot for me! Sounds like you got some fun breeds though! I would love to get some wyandottes and a sussex but not this time around. I'll have 9 until we figure out how many roos we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyroberts View Post
How long do the chick days last? Just wondering if they will still have chicks when I am ready for them....I am doubtfull. I want to get them right now! ...but cant.
Why can't you? They won't be ready to move outdoors in a coop until they are 5-8 weeks old. My coop isn't ready yet, there's time.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
mrschaeos
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My chick days is ending tomorrow well not ending but no more shipments. Yea 15 is enough! Dh still said for me to go get two silkies, but I'm on the fence about more. He said now that we know they can stay full time in a chicken tractor we should put the full size chickens in the tractor an the banties in the hoop coop... Lol! It's so funny he was so scared of chickens an now he is the pushing for more chicks an coops.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #7
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs
chicken math. I got caught up too. LOL Just bought 5 EE's.
I want some!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #8
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

our TSC gets them in and they are gone the same day! We have been trying to get a new pair of ducks from there this year, but I dont think thats going to happen!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:50 AM   #9
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
LOL, um... well 15 would be lot for me! Sounds like you got some fun breeds though! I would love to get some wyandottes and a sussex but not this time around. I'll have 9 until we figure out how many roos we have.

Why can't you? They won't be ready to move outdoors in a coop until they are 5-8 weeks old. My coop isn't ready yet, there's time.

Well, we are building our house right now on our property..but not living there. I am there everyday..but DH and I are afraid of putting them out there with out someone there at night. We have a nosey mountain lion that we are concerned might start trouble if we not there at night. I would love to get them now..but I don't know where my house project will be at by then. We are in a HOA at the moment in a condominium. All I have is a balcony..lol..if the neighbor complains about the kids toys..I know she won't go for chickens.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #10
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

oh, ha ha yeah that could be a problem. I had a neighbor that has nothing but a huge fenced/enclosed garden/coop/whatever on her property and she kept chickens in there for years. Not something I would suggest doing though, I felt sorry for them. She had planned to build on the land and for what ever reason never did.