Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #11
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Re: Breech baby...please encourage!

I had my doc try the version (ECV) 5x when #2 was breech. We found out he was breech when I was 40 wks. though... I think he turned at 39 because I felt crazyyyyy movement and then no more bowling-ball-between-my-legs feeling. The ECV was unsuccessful as my little one was just too big to budge even an inch (he turned out to be 10lbs.3oz so there ya go). After the 5th time, Dr. threw his hands in the air and said it's just not gonna work.

It was not comfortable by any means (they have to kind of dig their hands in your pelvis), but it wasn't traumatically painful. They give you a shot to relax your uterus and then lay you pretty flat (I was even tilted back more than flat). I held my dh's hand and tried to stay relaxed. It mostly felt like I couldn't breathe that well. Afterward we just went in for the c-section and so I was sore from that...

My sisterinlaw had her doc try an ECV to flip her daughter (sil was almost 37 weeks preggo). He tried 2x before my SIL was too tight in her abdomen again, but little missy would flip right back into place! I think her placenta was in a funny place and getting in her daughter's way. She also tried acu, chiro, etc. She was sore after the ECV and took tylenol to help it.
She ended up going into labor a few days later (which is a risk of having an ECV), but they just did the c-section when she arrived at the hospital.

Even though it hurt some and was not successful, I am GLAD I tried EVERYTHING to turn my #2! It gave me a peace of mind to know I gave it my all.

Keep us posted if it works! My sil and I are the only ones I know who've had it done and I'm interested to hear success stories!

Advertisement

Last edited by raisingcropsandbabies; 04-10-2012 at 02:34 PM.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #12
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momEmac View Post
My son was breech, we found out at 36 weeks. My midwife had me do all of the natural things mentioned above and nothing got him to turn. So I had the external version done at 38 weeks, 4 days. It's not that bad. It was uncomfortable and the dr's fingers hurt a little because she really dug in to turn him. But it was nothing compared to labor! And I was petrified of a csection, so I was willing to try anything. I would ask about waiting until you are 38 weeks, because there is the possibility of inducement. I also have a friend who had the version done twice. She has a similar experience to me. I would actually spend more time prepping your DH, because it honestly looks worse than it feels! Lol.

Posted from my iPhone/iPad, probably while breast feeding. Mistakes likey
Did it work for you? DH was a little freaked too... They demand an ultrasound on the baby the whole time the doctor is trying (to monitor how well the baby is tolerating it and the uterus as well) so DH was glued to the screen with crazy eyes.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #13
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son was born at 38 weeks at a planned c-section, but he was VERY breach. The resident actually thought he didn't have a head when she did the ultrasound. He was THAT breach.

I actually think that he would have been born via c-section anyway though. He seemed happy in the lotus position head up.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #14
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My version was really easy, uncomplicated and not painful at all. It was only temporary though and baby moved breech again 3 days later despite the brace I wore and then went vertex again and my OB induced early because of it.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #15
sassknuckles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm 36 weeks too and my baby is also breech. I'm doing spinning babies and Webster with my chiro. So far nothing has worked and I can't get versions done because of a previous c/s. I'm thinking of asking for another u/s to see if maybe the baby can't turn. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck and am sending head down baby vibes to you!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #16
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies

Did it work for you? DH was a little freaked too... They demand an ultrasound on the baby the whole time the doctor is trying (to monitor how well the baby is tolerating it and the uterus as well) so DH was glued to the screen with crazy eyes.
Yes! It worked. But they did go ahead and induce that day and I delivered vaginally 40 hours later. They induced because I had so much amniotic fluid they were afraid he would flip back breech if they waited. My blood pressure was also a little up. I wouldn't change any of that part though. The only thing that made my whole experience bad was the midwife who ended up delivering me, she was awful!!! But that's beside the point.

Posted from my iPhone/iPad, probably while breast feeding. Mistakes likey

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #17
mercyscreation
Registered Users

My Mood:

I went to my chiro today and he worked on my sacrum and hip ligaments and also the round ligaments. It hurt quite a lot while he was doing it just because they were all very inflamed and tender but I feel AMAZING! I'm feeling "normal" type pressure on my hips now (where before this am it was very much pelvic floor and one sided hip pain) and my tummy is rounder (?) looking. This morning it was kind of angled up toward my chest sticking straight out (don't know if that makes any sense...).

I also did 10 min of the incomplete inversion where you just lie on the floor with your head down and bum up. Baby's been SUPER active today and I have another 2 appts with my chiro before seeing my OB on thurs. so I'm hoping that this is working!
~Alicia wife to bestie for 6 years ! Mommy to 2 beauties Gracie (1/30/10) & Lily (6/20/06), and my strong man Declan (5/4/12). I'm a CD'ing, sometimes wearing, exclusive BF, extended rear facing & harnessing, super frugal SAHM!
mercyscreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #18
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ODD was breach until 38ish weeks. I did the pelvic tikts (bum up exercises ) religiously, like every time I had an extra 3 minutes. I spent half the night with my rear stuck in the air every night. I can't remember for how long though, I think a week maybe. One night when I climbed in bed to go to sleep she flipped on her own.

I have also heard that acupuncture can be very helpful for getting breach baby's to turn, you may try that and the chiro before you do the version. Good luck!
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #19
mercyscreation
Registered Users

My Mood:

BABY TURNED! He's now perfectly vertex. I'm pretty sure he turned on tues after my first chiro adjustment. I felt a lot of movement most of the day and my tummy shape changed. Wed and thurs not a whole lot of movement. Now, I'm doing a whole lot of squats hoping to keep him head down . thanks for all the encouragement.
~Alicia wife to bestie for 6 years ! Mommy to 2 beauties Gracie (1/30/10) & Lily (6/20/06), and my strong man Declan (5/4/12). I'm a CD'ing, sometimes wearing, exclusive BF, extended rear facing & harnessing, super frugal SAHM!
mercyscreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #20
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

YAY!!!