Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #21
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

Awesome! My belly changed shape after my first chiro appt, too. I don't know if it made the difference, but she has also been head down as long as I've been going to the chiro. Keep the adjustments up!

Advertisement

magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #22
2DaneMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Breech baby...please encourage!

Congrats on him turing! My LO was breech and we tried everything to get her to turn, but she stuck with her position. I was able to deliver vaginally because she finally moved into a frank breech position from being transverse.
Mama to one sweet girl, 2 ginormous pups, and due 5/2015 w/#2

I need some NB BG AIOs. Love trades, or will buy.
2DaneMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #23
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is great news!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #24
lilac0226
Registered Users

I wrote this before I saw your update, congrats on getting baby to turn and hope they stay that way!

I am 36 weeks and was so happy when my midwife told me that she is head down. I expressed my happiness and she told me the baby still could move and that given that this wasn't my 1st, that she could still move up until the end. I asked what I could do to encourage her to stay head down and she said that walking and squatting were both good. I would recommend doing more research because it would really stink if you went through a lot of things to get your baby head down now, if they really are still able to move, only to have the baby turn themselves breech again. Or unless my nurse practitioner midwife is mistaken, you might actually still have a good chance of baby turning on their own. Good luck and maybe you will get lucky and baby will turn soon.

Last edited by lilac0226; 04-14-2012 at 12:49 AM.
lilac0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #25
mercyscreation
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've been going to the chiro still and he's back to breech. I'm not sure when that happened but at my appt today he was breech again. My dr.'s worried that he'll engage while breech and she's not comfortable/experienced delivering a breech baby. So, we've scheduled for a version for Sunday am. Hopefully, it'll be complication free and successful and he'll STAY vertex!
~Alicia wife to bestie for 6 years ! Mommy to 2 beauties Gracie (1/30/10) & Lily (6/20/06), and my strong man Declan (5/4/12). I'm a CD'ing, sometimes wearing, exclusive BF, extended rear facing & harnessing, super frugal SAHM!
mercyscreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:44 AM   #26
2DaneMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyscreation View Post
My dr.'s worried that he'll engage while breech and she's not comfortable/experienced delivering a breech baby. So, we've scheduled for a version for Sunday am. Hopefully, it'll be complication free and successful and he'll STAY vertex!
Is your dr. experienced at performing the version? I was fortunate enough to find a hospital, when my LO was breech, at which 3 of the 5 OB's were comfortable attending breech births within a set of parameters--UCSF's protocol--that make it relatively safe. I had to have a pelvic scan weeks before delivery to check the diameter of my pelvis, have regular ultrasounds to monitor the baby's expected weight (they wouldn't deliver vaginally if she was over about 8.25 lbs.) and head circumference, etc. I also had to have a version beforehand to try and turn her. I went into the version after doing chiropractic, acupuncture, moxibustion, spinning babies techniques, inversion, somersaults in the swimming pool, what else? Oh, yeah homeopathy, music/warmth low on my belly, cold high near her head, flashlight, DH talking to her. Pretty much EVERYTHING. LO didn't turn during any of these, and she didn't budge during the version either. Well, she did shift a few inches, but even before the dr. had finished she moved back to her original place. Anyways, since these drs. are some of the only ones in our area (I had to drive about an hour to get to them) who do breech births, they do relatively a lot of external cephalic versions.

After having it done I absolutely wouldn't have it done by a doc who's only done a few of them. I won't lie, it hurts. Not to worry you, but it was one of my least favorite parts of pregnancy. If you know of any good breathing or meditation techniques (similar to ones you might use in labor is good), they can help.

I hope your version goes well and your little guy turns and stays vertex!!

BTW, if you haven't tried it, moxibustion was the thing that I had the most "movement" from DD with. I think you can buy them online (I got one from the acupuncturist) and DH did it on my little toe at home.
Mama to one sweet girl, 2 ginormous pups, and due 5/2015 w/#2

I need some NB BG AIOs. Love trades, or will buy.

Last edited by 2DaneMama; 04-20-2012 at 12:52 AM.
2DaneMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #27
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son stayed breech until a few days before he was born. He went head down ONCE, but then stayed breech for the rest of the time. Late in my 38th week he finally turned (don't know when) but my water broke at 39w0d and when I went into the hospital, they confirmed he was head down and ready.
My labor was only 2.5hr long!!!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #28
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

dd1 turned herself less then a week before labour.

dd2 turned herself at 34 weeks. I actually threw up while she was turning but it didn't hurt too badly.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #29
AmandaR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My breech babies never turned and after research I wasn't comfortable with the version. Turns out my last breech had a thin/weak cord and a true knot. A version would have been a bad situation. Three of my four were breech.
Find Me On Facebook and Twitter
AmandaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #30
AmandaR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My breech babies never turned and after research I wasn't comfortable with the version. Turns out my last breech had a thin/weak cord and a true knot. A version would have been a bad situation. Three of my four were breech.
Find Me On Facebook and Twitter
AmandaR is offline   Reply With Quote