Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #21
Samandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you have an adult bed in your child's room?

If a kid's in it, it's a kid bed. My kids had twin/full bunk beds but they wanted their own rooms so now DD (8) sleeps on a twin "loft" bed and DS (4) sleeps on the full.

Advertisement

Samandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #22
HollyS
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have a king, 9yo DD has a queen, 7yo DS has a twin, and 5yo has a full. It's a nightmare to keep track of sheets, but we use what's available. Our middle two DC have a twin/full bunk (split apart). DD has our old queen bed and we use it for guests as well...she sleeps in the full size bed with the 5yo when we have company. It works great for us!
Mommy to DD (11), DS (8), DD (6), DD (3), and #5 due 2/14
HollyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #23
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

For now, yes. We have our guest double still in the baby's room, but we got rid of the bedframe and just have it on the floor. Our house is pretty small and I just hated to get rid of it when I knew we'd be having guests once the baby is here even more often.

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #24
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
We don't and I don't think I ever would. Of course, I could always just take her into the guest room if we needed to sleep in the extra bed (when she's sick, she has to sleep ON mommy). But I usually just lay on the couch when she's sick so hubby can sleep in peace.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #25
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my older kids both have full size beds, they double up if we have company
Old 04-14-2012, 03:39 AM   #26
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

My daughter had a full size bed from 2 until almost 9 when she asked for a twin bed. I'm assuming she will want to move back up to a full or queen when she's older. She's almost 11 now but is a small child. My son has a full size bed too. He's almost 6. He still sleeps with us 99% of the time though in our king bed. I'm in the process of looking for a twin bed for his room to free up more play space.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #27
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
My 14 year old has a queen, my 9 year old has a full, and my 7 & 5 year olds have twin bunk beds.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:28 AM   #28
lilylouhoo
Registered Users
Formerly: lilylouwho
seller
seller

When we had our youngest we moved our then 3 yo into the guest room and there was already a queen bed in there so now it's her bed. She loves it and now she has room for all her stuffed animals on the bed. She plays on it and reads books there. It works out well. We didn't want to get rid of the bed and there was nonsense in storing it just so we could get a smaller bed.

The nice thing is that we can have guests borrow her room for bunk with her depending on who it is. My sister was just here and she shared a bed with my daughter which worked out well.

I think this is a fairly common practice. It just looks a little weird to see a tiny kid in a huge bed when you are used to seeing them in a toddler bed or crib. Lol
Old 04-14-2012, 05:35 AM   #29
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have always had a twin size bed in with their cribs as infants, but when they transitioned to the twin we didnt have room.

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect
Old 04-14-2012, 05:50 AM   #30
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Dd has a double in her room - I was going to switch her down to a twin (we have the mattress already) but I think it is going to be easier to just leave it. That way if she is sick or bugging us or something one of us can climb in with her while the other has the baby in our bed. It will also work well when people come over - if it is just grandma or an aunt/uncle they can climb in bed with her (or really have her come in our room and they can take her bed).