Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2012, 02:41 AM   #11
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Oh I hurt BAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by png_lovebirds View Post
Day 1, I pumped 3 times. Day 2, after being in so much that I could barely stand it--I let her nurse on both sides for a few minutes. After that I haven't had any more pain I'm only full-not engorged! So, it was only an uncomfortable/painful 2 days!!

Now of course I'm sad....I quit out of convenience not b/c of supply problems. My almost 2.5 yr old DS was not tolerating me spending 40min on the couch every 1-2.5hrs. And I could barely provide meals at night b/c she always wanted to nurse around dinner time--which delayed everything and the kids were getting to bed late without their homework done. Plus, I had to cut out every single vegetable to keep her from getting gas.

Despite all that, I am having major guilt over quitting. And 90% of me wants to start up again....but then all my DDC ladies are still nursing their LOs every 1-2.5 hrs and I know I can't handle that right now...

DH, thankfully, is supportive of what ever I want to do...
I feel guilty sometimes too. I have been trying to relactate, but (along with various reasons that I don't feel fully justify quitting BF'ing) it's just taking too long (using an SNS, it's taking an hour + to finish feeds... DD2 just doesn't have a great latch (never really did) and gets distracted easily/falls asleep right away) and I have an almost 2 year old who needs my attention. You just have to take a deep breath and push all those negative feelings away and figure that whatever works best for you is the right path to take!!

My DH is supportive, but mostly of formula feeding as breastfeeding makes me feel so rubbish and stresses me out. It sucks as I'd love to breastfeed (I may yet relactate, but it's not looking good right now) but formula makes it a whole lot easier on all of us and creates a happier atmosphere because of it. Happy Mama = Happy Baby (and everyone else!).

P.S Glad you are not painfully engorged anymore! It took 3-4 days for me.

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #12
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

How are you doing mama? We are local and kids the same age we should have a play date! Also Kelly,om has great info on gassy babies. Gas is common and is rarely ever caused by foods
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #13
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

*kellymom
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:30 AM   #14
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by png_lovebirds View Post
Day 1, I pumped 3 times. Day 2, after being in so much that I could barely stand it--I let her nurse on both sides for a few minutes. After that I haven't had any more pain I'm only full-not engorged! So, it was only an uncomfortable/painful 2 days!!

Now of course I'm sad....I quit out of convenience not b/c of supply problems. My almost 2.5 yr old DS was not tolerating me spending 40min on the couch every 1-2.5hrs. And I could barely provide meals at night b/c she always wanted to nurse around dinner time--which delayed everything and the kids were getting to bed late without their homework done. Plus, I had to cut out every single vegetable to keep her from getting gas.

Despite all that, I am having major guilt over quitting. And 90% of me wants to start up again....but then all my DDC ladies are still nursing their LOs every 1-2.5 hrs and I know I can't handle that right now...

DH, thankfully, is supportive of what ever I want to do...
I also feel awful for not BF'ing. My DS would not nurse, and it was hard. But this time, I had an awesome nurser, and it was such an amazing bonding moment. I miss it tremendously. But.. she eats her meals fast and I know she is getting a certain amount and is full. I went back to work part time and couldn't pump, so this worked for us. I miss it.. so much.. but it's easier. I know how you feel!! I haven't nursed for 3 weeks now, and she has a cold today, and I was SO tempted to try to start again because she wanted to comfort breastfeed so bad! Poor baby. Just snuggled her close while feeding.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:42 AM   #15
Mamaseitz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Try some sage tea if you need help drying up. And peppermint candies if you like them:-)
Mamaseitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #16
Kjellsi
Registered Users
seller

I am in the same boat! I have had to pump from the beginning with my son and now he is 7 months and I'm trying to make the switch. My chest does not agree with me this time around! With my daughter it was a couple days and this time it seems like I have to pump to keep from passing out! Hang in there!
Kjellsi is offline   Reply With Quote