Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
spacetygrss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Organic Produce Delivery DFW

Do any of you DFW ladies get organic produce delivered to your home? I don't like what's at most of the stores and don't have time to always go to the Farmer's Market so would love to have it delivered. I'm looking for something with large amounts of leafy greens like kale, collard greens, etc.

Thanks.

Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
spacetygrss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Organic Produce Delivery DFW

So, just bumping my thread up.
I created an account with greenling.com. I received by first delivery last week and the quality of the produce was FANTASTIC. They also deliver milk/cheese/meat from local farms. I didn't get any milk with my first order, but added it for the order that should be coming next week (I put us on an every 2 week schedule until school is out at which time I plan to increase it to every week). The milk is minimally pasteurized (the lowest amount that the FDA allows without having to sell it as "pet milk" and non-homogenized).

Just wanted to give an update in case anyone else was looking for good produce, but has little time for shopping.
I'll let you know how the milk is as well. It may be a compromise for people like me (I'm interested in raw milk, but can't bring myself to give it to my kids-I've personally taken care of kids with HUS and who have lost their kidneys so I'm way to nervous for that).
Old 05-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
ClothDiaperingDoc
Registered Users
seller

I'm going to check that out! I'm with you...I'll take mine pasteurized, please. Zoonotic disease is no joke! Thanks for the tip. I didn't know it existed!
ClothDiaperingDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
That still don't deliver to my zip code yet
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
spacetygrss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies.

So, I love this service! We devour the fruits and veggies. Plus, the local produce is fantastic (picked right at the height of ripeness). I love just eating everything and knowing that another box will show up without me having to do anything.

I've gotten the milk in 2 orders now and it's great. I get whole milk since DS1 is a beanpole and can use the fat. You can literally see the cream on top. It's a slightly yellow color from the cows being grass fed.

I got a coupon last time I confirmed my order that allowed a friend to get a free CSA box. My SIL used it and now she's hooked.

Can you tell that I love it? LOL.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
spacetygrss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragsdale View Post
That still don't deliver to my zip code yet
That sucks. Hopefully they'll expand soon. I'd imagine that there has to be something similar serving the West-side of the metroplex.