Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #11
HeatherDanae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tummy Tuck With C-Section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirls2 View Post
How was her recovery? Did she look better? My cuz inlaw had her stomach muscles corsetted after her last csection and she looked great! She had no need for a tummy tuck. Hers was covered by ins.
Did she have it done by her OB or plastic surgeon? And it was covered? Wow! So I'm guessing there was a medical excuse?

I would LOVE to get my tummy redone. This will be my 5th c-section and since I am so short, I get a ton of stretch marks on my belly. I miss my pre-preggo belly.

Advertisement

Last edited by HeatherDanae; 04-13-2012 at 07:15 AM.
HeatherDanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #12
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

My best friend also had this done a couple months ago with her second (and last, obviously) C-section by her regular OB. She did say her recovery with this one was much more difficult than her first. She also got her tubes tied so I guess it was a triple whammy.

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #13
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherDanae

Did she have it done by her OB or plastic surgeon? And it was covered? Wow! So I'm guessing there was a medical excuse?

I would LOVE to get my tummy redone. This will be my 5th c-section and since I am so short, I get a ton of stretch marks on my belly. I miss my pre-preggo belly.
It was by her regular ob. But she's his nurse, lol....so I dunno if it was a freebie or if insurance covered it.
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #14
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaine
My best friend also had this done a couple months ago with her second (and last, obviously) C-section by her regular OB. She did say her recovery with this one was much more difficult than her first. She also got her tubes tied so I guess it was a triple whammy.
The recovery is what In scared of. The girl I mentioned said it felt like she'd done a thousand situps right after her c/s!
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #15
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wish! I will be getting a tummy tuck when I am all done having kids though and after I am done nursing the last one. I'll probably start saving up for it in the next year or so.

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #16
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirls2

How was her recovery? Did she look better? My cuz inlaw had her stomach muscles corsetted after her last csection and she looked great! She had no need for a tummy tuck. Hers was covered by ins.
I have heard that after cs many times the abdominal muscles never fully close (causing a hernia) and it can cause a permanent pooch and lack of strength there regardless of weightless and toning. I have laid on my back and tensed my tummy to check and found that I have about a 1.5" gap between the muscles all the way down my middle.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #17
crazymom
Registered Users
seller

My doc will do one. She is also a licensed plastic surgeon. She offers it but doesn't push it. I spoke to her about it just in passing and she told me the recovery time doubles plus increases the risk for infections. She suggested if you want to do it, wait atleast 6 months. I'm not sure we are done having kiddos or I might have entertained the idea .

Di..... mom to my teen, my princess, and a new addition may 2012. I can spell but my iPhone can't!