Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
UTI or something else?

A few time lately DD who is 5, has been freaking out about going potty... and I can't figure out what the deal is.... She will say she has to go pee... and then be done.. and a few seconds later be back in there again.. I ask her what's up she says she needed to wipe again... ok... well that happenes a few times a day... but now like every other day she is having these meltdowns about she needs to pee and can't.. and she gets hysterical about it... I ask her if it burns or just feels like she needs to pee... she says she just feels like she has to pee and never complains about it hurting any other time.... She isn't running a fever, she is acting normal (with the exception of the random episodes), eating and sleeping like normal... could this still be like a UTI or something else??? I am going to break down and take her to the dr. next week but its just weird that its random and not every time she needs to pee or even once a day... like its been 3 times this week... but not getting worse.... any thoughts?

Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: UTI or something else?

I have zero symptoms when I have a UTI other than I need to pee, but I can't pee. So, could totally be one without the other typical symptoms.

I would caution you to go earlier rather than later to the doctor because UTI's can move really quickly in some cases and hit kidneys. I've BTDT and it is not pleasant.

They will just have her pee in a cup and dip the stick in.

If you want to test yourself, you can purchase Uristix-4 pr Rapid Response 10 Parameter online and if any leukocytes or nitrites pop up, there is an infection. I get so many UTI's that I just test myself (pee into a plastic cup, dip, and then lay flat and time to read the changes) and hit the doctor when I see the infection. Just giving you this info because for some people the cost to test yourself may be less than the doctor cost to test (if you don't have good insurance) and then you have the strips in your house for next time you suspect. The RR ones are like $15 for 100 and the bottle is good for one year once opened. If you have Prime you would get it on Tuesday.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: UTI or something else?

I would definitely check for uti as soon as u can. Kinda like pp I really don't have too many symptoms until its a kidney infection.

If its not an infection I wonder if she got some pee in her undies and now she is paranoid
Old 04-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for tr thoughts I'll call in Monday and see what the dr says and take her in. Thanks.