Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #11
paulnkyliesmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you wash your carseat cover before use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaW View Post
I didn't think you were supposed to. I have a Recaro Como. My manual says only that it can be wiped down. You might check your manual.
That applies to the straps but i've never heard you can't wash a cover.I know some may say hand wash only.We've washed ours on delicate and i know that's allowed for ours.I'd still say definetely check,don't just take my word for it but i would think there is a safe way to wash the cover.

Oh and to answer the question i never washed it prior to the first puke or poop or whatever.

Advertisement

paulnkyliesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #12
an_aurora
Registered Users

Are you planning on using it from birth or do you have an infant seat? If you are using an infant seat I'd return the Marathon since having it sitting for months means you are wasting life on it and since they expire, I'd try to get one as new as possible.

As far as washing, I wash them before I put my newborns in them. The cover has fire retardant on it which is handy but the covers can be irritating to their skin.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #13
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you wash your carseat cover before use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
Are you planning on using it from birth or do you have an infant seat? If you are using an infant seat I'd return the Marathon since having it sitting for months means you are wasting life on it and since they expire, I'd try to get one as new as possible.

As far as washing, I wash them before I put my newborns in them. The cover has fire retardant on it which is handy but the covers can be irritating to their skin.
we are not using an infant seat. the marathon was manufactured in march this year baby is not due till july but i had to order online because we live in japan and it was supposed to take 8 weeks (but came in 2) and i wanted to make sure i had a carseat.

the manual said it can be hand washed with mild detergent. Is regular detergent mild?
Old 04-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #14
an_aurora
Registered Users

Makes sense then Yes I would say regular detergent is mild. Just no Borax or bleach or anything.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote