Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Chest clip aggravation!

I have explained to DD about 100 times in the last week that it is a CHEST clip, not a belly clip, but almost every time I go to get her out of her seat she has moved the clip down. I have explained to her that it is there to protect her and that it is dangerous to move it...

How do I get her to stop touching it??? She says it is uncomfortable and too tight... I only tighten her harness until I can't pinch strap at the shoulder, and that leaves room for me to get my fingers between the clip and her chest (except when she takes an extra deep breath or pushes her chest out). Unless I am doing the pinch test wrong I slip a finger behind and lift and then pinch the front, I don't just try to pinch it if that makes sense?? Is it possible it really IS too tight?

She's 4, fwiw.

Advertisement

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chest clip aggravation!

This is how you do the pinch test....at about 1:40.

So don't put a finger under when you do it. I posted pics of DD in a seat when she was a few months old and some techs said that the straps were too tight, so it is possible that is could be too tight. And chest clip goes at armpit level...doesn't need to be higher or lower. Just trying to cover all bases
Old 04-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Chest clip aggravation!

That is my same Keyfit30 (ETA: 4 yr old isn't in it, the baby is LOL!! Just thought I would say that before someone got the wrong idea)

Aaaanyway, so pinch before doing up the chest clip I have been doing it after for 4 yrs. Oi. Yeah, I have been doing it (clip) at armpit level, and I have shown her that is exactly where it should be. I am going to take her out to the car now and do the pinch test this way and ask her if it is more comfortable.

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!

Last edited by Squig'sMumMum; 04-14-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote