Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
lucysgreenmomma
Registered Users
seller

Nursery themes?

I know it's super early but have any of you momma's been thinking about themes for your new little bean's nursery?

My DD's room is SUPER girly, pink everywhere. If I have another girl I'm not sure I could handle another super pink room so I've been toying with the idea of the Very Hungry Caterpillar book. The Pottery Barn has a really cute set http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/eric-carle-nursery-bedding/?pkey=e|the%2Bvery%2Bhungry%2Bcaterpillar|12|best| 0|1|24||11&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_- but I can't afford spending that kind of money! So, I think I'm going to try to sew it myself and maybe just buy the sheets. I feel like it's a really gender neutral and if this bean is a boy I'll just leave it as a caterpillar and if it's a girl I'll somehow incorporate the butterfly at the end of the book.

Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursery themes?

The crib is going to be in our room, so it'll just be a crib set. If it's a boy, a friend is going to send us a firefighter crib set. If it's a girl, I'd like to go with ladybugs and daisies, maybe convince my MIL to help me or to sew up a crib set.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
taralynnel
Registered Users
seller

Location: Monterey, CA (where ever the Marine Corps takes me)
My Mood:

i'm planning on the VHC too! but i'll make everything myself. I'd originally wanted to use it with the baby we lost, but definitely want to this time since it's rainbow colors. it's yet to be known if the babies will have their own room though...!
Tara, lovin' wife to a United States Marine (Ray), and mommy to the E's: Emeline 9.23.03, Everett 6.29.05 & Elianna 3.20.08, missing my baby in heaven 7/11, my rainbows are here! Easton & Evangeline 10.22.12
taralynnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
lucysgreenmomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by taralynnel
i'm planning on the VHC too! but i'll make everything myself. I'd originally wanted to use it with the baby we lost, but definitely want to this time since it's rainbow colors. it's yet to be known if the babies will have their own room though...!
Do you have a pattern for it? I was just going to make it up as I go, although I'm not sure my sewing skills are as good as my imagination! I would love to share pics as we go! I know I'll need some encouragement along the way!
Old 04-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
mumtwiceover
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm totally not into planning a nursery yet!! I will probably get more into it when we find out gender but for now it just seems overwhelming - will will have to move our tv room stuff to our living room and make the downstairs tv room the bedroom for my daughter (which she desparately wants LOL - great way for her to not kick up a fuss about me being preggo again LOL) then move her downstairs and then decorate a nursery AND

baby will be with us for a few months at least so I may usse christmas as a way to get nursery things - great christmas gifts from the grandparents!!! Then in the new year Iwill decorate the room!!
mumtwiceover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
PinkLemonade7503
Registered Users
seller

If you know someone near the pottery barn outlet, ours had these bedding sets for prices lower than the sale price in the website. Sorry I can't remember exactly what they were. Ours shut down a few months back. I really liked the butterfly set, and might have gotten it if I had seen it in person sooner. I do have the Robeez and a bib though.
PinkLemonade7503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:50 AM   #7
ckemp17
Registered Users

Whether it's boy or girl, we're going with a surfing/beach/ocean/Hawaiian theme. Kinda of a mash-up of the whole culture. My dad grew up in Hawaii and I was born there (but didn't grow up there), so I've always felt this pull to the culture and lifestyle.
ckemp17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
kangasox
Registered Users
seller

Ours will be the same as the past two, Beatrix Potter with light green walls. But I heard someone mention elephants the other day and got all tempted to do vintage elephants. I think that would be super cute.
kangasox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #9
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

The crib is going in our room and while were not getting a bedding set I have gotten a blanket and bumpers in the safari theme. Its all yellow/green/beige so works great since were hoping to keep this one a surprise till birth!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #10
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I totally decorated a room for our girls but they are still in bed with us so the room is barely used. The goal for the summer is to get the girls out of the family bed and into a sibling bed so maybe (fingers crossed) the room will be filled in a few months. This newbie will bed with us so I am not really looking at a nursery for just bean...I guess if bean is a boy then eventually he will take over the office and turn it into a bedroom. The girls room is orange, green, aqua and a peachy pink with an owl theme. I just love it! I have no idea what I would do for a boy but I do love the idea of a nautical theme.