Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #11
jamilynn84's Avatar
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 3,288
My Mood:
I have both... And as babies get older i like flips more. Less to carry around out and about.

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect

Advertisement

__________________
I'm Jami...mama to DS (Jude 8/14/08) and DDs Lyla (9/21/10) and violet (5/8/12).;and wife to Adam, high school sweetheart & soul mate.
jamilynn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #12
greencrunchymama's Avatar
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,751
Re: More Flips or BG 4.0s?

I'm thinking about selling some of my Flips just because I feel like I don't need that many. Maybe then I can justify buying both??
greencrunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
L J's Avatar
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 10,274
Re: More Flips or BG 4.0s?

I'm on a Flip kick right now, after using BGOS nearly exclusively with my oldest. They are just so darn easy, and I love my simple wash routine. Even not using the mf inserts, my BGs were more difficult to keep stink free.
__________________
Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07; Catherine 09.01.11
always missing Jack, 08.23.10
& newest addition Audrey, 04.15.14
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #14
greencrunchymama's Avatar
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,751
Re: More Flips or BG 4.0s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post
I'm on a Flip kick right now, after using BGOS nearly exclusively with my oldest. They are just so darn easy, and I love my simple wash routine. Even not using the mf inserts, my BGs were more difficult to keep stink free.
I think I'm leaning more toward the Flips for the same reasons you mentioned!
__________________
Jen, married to DH mama to DD 01.22.12
greencrunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
basMama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 482
Re: More Flips or BG 4.0s?

This is a great question, I was thinking the exact same thing. I only have one flip, I have yet to try (just bought it) and I like the idea of being able to use them all day. Here is my reasoning: I want to match her flips to dresses in the summer I know its silly but I do. Oh btw my DD is five days younger than yours, How are you liking the flip fit on her? Is it trimmer than BG?
basMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #16
greencrunchymama's Avatar
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,751
Re: More Flips or BG 4.0s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by basMama View Post
This is a great question, I was thinking the exact same thing. I only have one flip, I have yet to try (just bought it) and I like the idea of being able to use them all day. Here is my reasoning: I want to match her flips to dresses in the summer I know its silly but I do. Oh btw my DD is five days younger than yours, How are you liking the flip fit on her? Is it trimmer than BG?
I am planning the same thing- Flips are so cute with dresses! I like the fit on her- it's a little big, but not too much! They are definitely trimmer than the BGs. I use snappi'd prefolds under them.
__________________
Jen, married to DH mama to DD 01.22.12
greencrunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #17
TangerineTea's Avatar
TangerineTea
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 626
Re: More Flips or BG 4.0s?

Personally, I hate stuffing pockets. Plus you only get one shot to use a pocket. The Flip system is really easy: I have a big stack of stay-dry inserts next to a stack of Flip covers. If she poops, the cover goes in the diaper pail. If it is just pee I rinse in the tub real quick and hang. (I feel better about this than just wiping out, but have done that too). After a few uses, I wash the covers.
__________________
Laura-WAHM to A & I , Wife to A
Master's Level Counselor: Career/Education/Life
Sliding Scale/Trades Welcome www.lhcareers.com
TangerineTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #18
BabyCentric's Avatar
BabyCentric
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Crofton, MD
Posts: 4,248
My Mood:
Flips! My dh uses the bg's (organics) and I use the flips. I like being able to enjoy the colors/prints all day and they are more bulletproof. I have never had a leak in a flip.
__________________
Regina, mama to my little buddy guy R (1/29/07) my silly little I (5/12/09) , and my new boobie monster B (7/24/11) and wife to my soulmate StupidBoy
BabyCentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #19
greencrunchymama's Avatar
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,751
Re: More Flips or BG 4.0s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineTea View Post
Personally, I hate stuffing pockets. Plus you only get one shot to use a pocket. The Flip system is really easy: I have a big stack of stay-dry inserts next to a stack of Flip covers. If she poops, the cover goes in the diaper pail. If it is just pee I rinse in the tub real quick and hang. (I feel better about this than just wiping out, but have done that too). After a few uses, I wash the covers.
Stuffing is a pain, especially when you use prefolds! I am surprised at all the Flip fans! I thought more people would want BGs.
__________________
Jen, married to DH mama to DD 01.22.12
greencrunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #20
moonlightblonde's Avatar
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,373
Re: More Flips or BG 4.0s?

I'd go flip too, not a fan of stuffing pockets at all.
__________________
Amber::
Mama to Brooklyn Marie 7/10/08 , Team green turned PINK Rebecca Rose 4/19/2012 & something new coming late March 2014
moonlightblonde is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.