Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #21
kinchi
Registered Users
seller

Re: More Flips or BG 4.0s?

I also have some questions regarding FLIP vs BG 4.0, as I am trying to decide which to order. I don't mind changing the FLIP cover all the time. That is not my motivation for choosing FLIP over 4.0. I am wondering if I might like the FLIP better, because the idea of touching and pulling out the dirty pocket insert every time with the 4.0 sounds like a hassle. With the FLIP, I imagine you could just toss the flip cover with insert or prefold (I'm thinking I might use prefold to avoid the stink of MF) into the diaper pail, and it would come out on its own in the wash. Is this correct? Would that be a helpful advantage, you think?

I've read a few remarks that the elastic isn't as good on the flip vs 4.0? Is this true? Is it a problem? I'm wanting to use the same diaper for as close to newborn as possible until potty training. If the 4.0 is way better, I would just buy 4.0, and deal with the pocket stuffing/unstuffing. I like that either way, if the MF is a stink problem, I could always stuff with prefolds.

Advertisement

kinchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #22
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Usually your pocket isnt wet to the back, or poopie, usually. And the flip you have to touch the whole insert when you spray because spraying with the flip flaps is annoying. So its six one half a dozen the other.

Flips are nice because you spend less using the same cover more than once. BG are nice because they are one piece when stuffed. So I like having half and half (well I have 75% 4.0 and 25% flip. )
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #23
kinchi
Registered Users
seller

interesting, thirdtimemomma. so if its poopy, the spray is more difficult with a flip? pee doesn't really phase me, so no big deal touching that. i will have a lot of poo with the newborn, so maybe i should go bg 4.0?
kinchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #24
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if you have the $, i would just buy more pockets. sounds like you have alot of flip covers!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #25
Beesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Flips, I hate stuffing pockets.

Kate, mama to
Miles (2.11.06), Levi (6.24.09) and Isaac (9.25.11)
Beesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #26
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

BG are nice for pockets...but I am so not a pocket girl anymore. I used lots of pockets with my older 2, but gosh we were always dealing with stinkies even when we stuffed with flats. I just don't like stay dry material anymore honestly! I'd totally go with Flips for versatility, ease of washing and because you could enjoy the color longer vs. just one change. I think it is nice to have a lot of covers to rotate through because then they last longer and you can always keep some preloaded and ready to use like an AIO if you want. I have 14 covers (6 aplix flips, 4 Econobums, 4 Thirsties duo snaps) and if I was to add *anything* I'd probably get 2 more snap Flips. I just LOVE them.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote