Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #21
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081
Waaahh, I don't have 12" 5s.... Can't do the stinking onesie after all...what to do now...pssh
Do you have 7s and 9s? You could adjust your gauge and size down in pattern.

Advertisement

mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #22
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma1879

Do you have 7s and 9s? You could adjust your gauge and size down in pattern.
Yep, I do. So, just go down a size you think? Still have to start over, but at least now I can do it!
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #23
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081

Yep, I do. So, just go down a size you think? Still have to start over, but at least now I can do it!
what pattern is it and what is the patterns gauge? Your gauge on 9s?
Old 04-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #24
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma1879

what pattern is it and what is the patterns gauge? Your gauge on 9s?
It's the Eloise Onesie, gauge for chest is 4.5spi - idk my gauge in 9s yet and I don't have them.with me... :/
Old 04-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #25
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

I woyld expect you to get 3.5spi on 9s then.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #26
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL ~ April 15-21

Is it bad that hubby took the kids to his parents for the evening for dinner and baths so I can have time to pick up the house and unpack bags... but after 4 days of being "single mommy" (Daddy stayed home to work on the bathroom)... all I'm doing is sitting on my butt surfing!?! lol! Better get up and do something so that tonight after the kids are in bed I can either crash on the couch or knit... or both.

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #27
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not bad at all! I'd be doing the same!
Old 04-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #28
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post
That's the problem. Everyone lives somewhere that isn't "Charlotte". I refuse to be that suburban, it makes me cringe. So that said, no one likes the whole area in which we are looking, so it's really hard to get suggestions. Plus there's only 9 people there, so the opinion base isn't huge. Our realtor is being really cryptic: "Maybe you'll see these areas and decide you need somewhere else so you can be around like-minded people". Her rhetoric sounds super fishy to me. Basically, in our price range it's considered "low income". I find this to be a little extreme, but what can ya do? Just because we got prequalified to spend much more money than we should... doesn't mean we have to spend it.

I'm at the legs/button band of the Molly Bubble. DH wants to play a game during nap but i want to knit and finish this thing. I have to say that looking at the pattern I couldn't visualize what it's asking me to do. Hopefully it works.
that sure does sound fishy--low income???...I think renting might be a good idea..even if it's just for 6 mon? And I totally agree w/you..we are a "live within your means" kinda couple too...I think they said we could borrow twice as much as our house cost when we bought it...no thank you! We would still have a mortage if we did that.

I hear ya...My current sweater was so weird...I didn't really know how it was going to come together (I would never knit this pattern again though!)..but it did and I am getting happier and happier w/it after all my tweeking. If I only didn't have pattern ADD...I could just knit it how it says and be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081 View Post
Waaahh, I don't have 12" 5s.... Can't do the stinking onesie after all...what to do now...pssh
you can magic loop if you have longer ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721 View Post
Is it bad that hubby took the kids to his parents for the evening for dinner and baths so I can have time to pick up the house and unpack bags... but after 4 days of being "single mommy" (Daddy stayed home to work on the bathroom)... all I'm doing is sitting on my butt surfing!?! lol! Better get up and do something so that tonight after the kids are in bed I can either crash on the couch or knit... or both.
not bad at all..I'd do the same thing--at least for a bit.

work was normal today..busy. I only stayed an hour over which is good for me. Time to clean up the house and feed the kids. I hope to knit a bit tonight..I am adding trim to this crazy constructed sweater (the ribbed baby sweater by debbie bliss) and it is making it look much better..more girly. I didn't realize it was such a boyish sweater until it was done..they modeled it on a girl in the book.

Last edited by knibert; 04-15-2012 at 03:33 PM.
knibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #29
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oops..missed ya Katie...sorry you are still at the hospital..so what is your actual dx?
Old 04-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #30
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Erica..how's Em?