Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2012, 05:26 AM   #1
swinega
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
weekly chat 4/16-4/22

Morning! I'm up but sooo not wanting to go to work! Today is mine and dhs 'anniversary' since we began dating.. 6 years now we have been together.. It's gone fast!

I'm not ready to have baby just yet but I am really ready for my time off! Wish I could start it early :-P

Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 05:30 AM   #2
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

Re: weekly chat 4/16-4/22

I'm starting a flex schedule today. I have to be at work at 7 am, but I get to leave the office at 11 am on Fridays. It worked out okay this morning. Daphne likes to start kicking around 5:30 am, so I'm usually up that early anyway.

I dreamed last night that I had the baby. Labor was fine, baby was cute and healthy... just an all-around good dream. I woke up so disappointed not to actually have a baby in the crib, though!!!

I'll be 36 weeks on Saturday and cleared for the birth center!
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We had a BBQ yesterday and it was good but I am tired! DH cleaned the house prior to the party, and te party was mostly kept outside so the house is still clean yay! I think I am going to spend the day getting things ready for a yardsale and rearranging my Fsot threads and listing things on Craigslist
Old 04-16-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Oh sounds like a fun day Tina!...my house is not so clean =/ though when I finally pick up motivation (hoping by 9:30) I will go through and clean the whole thing AGAIN.

Today I would like to attempt shaving my legs, cutting my toe and finger nails and painting my toes.

Last night dp shaved last night - it looks SO weird - he has had a beard since November..I kind of wish he would have just left it until after baby, he now looks about 18-19, lol. I was very surprised when I opened the bathroom door and his face was 'naked' just thought he was doing the usual clean up.

I have been sleeping awesome the past couple of nights - it is fabulous. Last night I only woke up ONCE to pee (& it was at like 5 am so not too bad)..usually I am up once an hour and wake up feeling like death.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
ducky5306
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
34 Weeks! I'm babysitting a friends baby all week. (starting at 7:30am ughhh) but it's perfect timing to make some money before the big kids consignment sale coming up here! Not that we need anything else but it's fun.

We went to babies r us and picked up some things we didn't have like burp cloths, pack n play sheets, travel wipe case, etc little things.

What's everyone's stand on pacifiers? I got 2 different kinds and may pick up a third. DS used them after a few days old without any issues. I had over supply problems and he needed to comfort suck but it ended with him getting too much milk and spitting up tons all the time. The paci helped a lot for us so I want to have some just in case!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

Leaving in a few minutes for a midwife appointment. Extremely worried about possible cholestasis. According to a website it might take a week for the results to come back. I'm convinced I have it, because of the intense itching that is worse at night. If I have it, they would go ahead and have the baby at 37 or 38 weeks. Well, I'm 37 now and I am praying that they will go ahead and schedule me for this week. I'm just not sure I can take the unknown since cholestasis can lead to stillbirth. It just sounds like a lot of doctors don't know much about it, so I am praying that for some reason the midwife I see today is wise about it. Would appreciate your prayers! I'm so frazzled from not sleeping and worry and I really hate that I have to take the girls to this appointment because I'm afraid I might sort of lose it if they don't take me seriously.

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I wanted to never use a soother with dd - by 5 weeks I gave up and don't regret it. She was a miserable baby. At least with the soother she only screamed about 80% of the time in the car and would let someone other than me hold her if she was sleeping. We got rid of it at about 2.5 no problem - by then she only had it in the car and in bed.

I will try to get close to 6 weeks without one again but am not going to feel guilty if we use one.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #8
kathygriffin86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

both girls have had binkies. i gave them both to them in the hospital and although im sure this can hurt supply i think it was other issues *my fault* for not nursing past 3 months with the first and 5 months with the second. My dh actually said he wants to use one but wait till the babies home. we have the green round soothie and im trying i think gumdrops. they are like the soothie but with a dip for the nose. I have used nuk and mam before. hope i like them! They did help in the middle of the night and car...both mine gave up about 6 months so im ok with them.
kathygriffin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #9
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use pacis here..first two had them within first week and I never had issues with milk...third wouldn't take any paci we offered her..she's a thumb sucker..which at almost 3 still does. We will try our best with pacis again this time cause they are a lot easier to take away then a thumb..

DH will be away this evening..so it's going to be a long day I have a feeling. Glad the house is clean..so just have to focus on school with oldests and meals..

Melaine- Hope your appointment goes well!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #10
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my babies have never liked a paci..i tried, they refused them (well, they'd suck for like a minute then figured it was fruitless lol!)

Melaine- print off the information you've founds from reliable sites...take it with you. I've found if providers don't know a lot about something, and you can show them info from reliable sites, they will consider anything. If this midwife wont' take you seriously, ask to speak with another provider in the practice.