Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #21
ducky5306
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayVal*RN*
I think the only problem with pacis is in the beginning when baby is first learning latch if breastfeeding. If they are latching great from the beginning I am all for them. Some babies just want to suck all the time.
That was my first, he needed to be sucking all.the.time! He left the paci behind on his own at around 7 months so I have no negative experience with it that why I'm buying some just in case for this time

Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #22
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: weekly chat 4/16-4/22

My only baby that had a paci is my 5th babe and she still used it for nap/bedtime at 13 months. We are down to 3 in the house so when they are gone they are gone. I gave it to her at about 2 weeks cause she wanted to suck all the time. I dont plan on buying any for Niko unless the "need" arises.
Tricia~31 Married for 13 years to Chad~36. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~12, Ethan~10, Jacob~8, Annika~5, Makenna~4, Niko James~3, Cyrus~1 and blessing #8 due 10/10/15
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #23
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

CAroline- we also have a red car seat, but it's read and brown...my strolelr though is red and black and I'd LOVE to find that one you did! I really like the mini crib style as well, totally something i would have picked
Old 04-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #24
booth2490
Registered Users
seller

I think the paci actually helped DD latch sometimes. I'd let her suck it a minute, then pull it out and pop her on the breast. It worked part of the time :/ .
Old 04-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #25
CHERUBUMS
Registered Users
Formerly: mnotley75
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
We had a BBQ yesterday and it was good but I am tired! DH cleaned the house prior to the party, and te party was mostly kept outside so the house is still clean yay! I think I am going to spend the day getting things ready for a yardsale and rearranging my Fsot threads and listing things on Craigslist
Sounds good to me!

I just finished converting all my DS2 AIO diapers to snaps instead of repairing velcro. He's done with them and I want to sell them. I washed and folded TONS of clothes in the past couple weeks to sell as well. Now just need some pics and to price stuff and get it listed.

Still working on repairing 2 dozen BG 3.0 OS diapers I want to sell too. Got the leg elastics done on those that needed it, all the landing strips replaced, most of the laundry tabs done and now working on wing tabs. HUGE job but I want to get them out of the house. I've got a NEW stash for DD that's all girly and all snaps on her OS diapers. I'm DONE with velcro on diapers. Lost my love for those once DS2 learned to take off his diapers during nap time. lol

Busy week ahead with OB, haircut, ultrasound, mani/pedi appointments and such. Hope to get an induction date set at tomorrow's appointment.

My BP fluctuates so much but its mostly on the high side and I'm afraid of dealing with pre-eclampsia again and being induced in an emergency type situations.... sooooo stressful! My sugars have been wacky too. Most of the time they're OK and others way too high and I've cut back majorly on any carbs and cut out all sugars.

lol enough complaints!

Hope everyone has a great week. We're sooooo close! Can't wait for it to be our turn to be all posting birth stories and pictures of our precious little ones.

~Michelle
Old 04-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #26
LindsayVal*RN*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yah just made me some homemade flannel breast pads! Want to order some bamboobies before baby gets here but hoping these will work for at home use due to the fact they are so cheap to make. I also needed some now because I am starting to leak everywhere and am tired of the wet spots haha. Anyone else already using breast pads?
LindsayVal*RN* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #27
booth2490
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayVal*RN* View Post
Yah just made me some homemade flannel breast pads! Want to order some bamboobies before baby gets here but hoping these will work for at home use due to the fact they are so cheap to make. I also needed some now because I am starting to leak everywhere and am tired of the wet spots haha. Anyone else already using breast pads?
Oh I need to do this too! I gave all mine to my sister then I made 2 from old t shirts. The edges got too wavy for me. I have some flower print flannel sheets I made into flats for DD that I think I'll use-I was wondering what to do with them, now I know! Not needing them, yet though.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #28
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I keep thinking I'll make some... I did order some boobie pads but they are way bigger than I'm used to and I don't think they will fit best on my small boobies...so I wanna make some smaller ones.... the others are 5inches and barely fit into my nursing bra.... I always used Gerbercloth ones before and they were much smaller but they had Lanolin stains on them so I got rid of them after my last baby (they lasted 2 or 3 babies) and just thought I would get more... yeah..well now I can't find any more and all the other ones I see are big!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #29
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Had my home visit with the mw today, and am officially cleared to have my baby boy at HOME! So totally stoked. Now to just work on getting this show on the roaaaad. Cooooome on baby Judah!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #30
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by booth2490
I think the paci actually helped DD latch sometimes. I'd let her suck it a minute, then pull it out and pop her on the breast. It worked part of the time :/ .
This worked for my son as well. He had a little bit of a tongue tie (which I didn't know about at the time), and sucking on a paci just before feeding helped him get his suck "organized" so I could latch him on easier.
Both of my kids had pacis, (still do, actually) because I'm a little paranoid about thumb sucking, since I sucked mine as a kid and it became such a habit I couldn't break it till I was almost 11 and needed braces. Yikes! I'm ready for my 2.5 yo dd to give up her paci, though.

AFM, I'm 35 weeks today! This pregnancy has totally flown by for me. I'm planning and hoping to have everything ready by 37 weeks, so the next few weeks are going to be busy for me! My hubby and I sat down yesterday afternoon and made a decision on names. I love what we picked out! (Can't share them yet, though. We usually wait to announce it till the baby is born )