Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
kts1120
Registered Users
seller
seller

Weaning and stopping pumping

I posted this in weaning support, but didn't get any response.

DD2 will be 1 at the end of the month and I'm ready to stop pumping. Just not really sure how to do it.

Right now I'm pumping 2x a day at work (9:30ish and 2ish). For the next 2 weeks I will not be able to have my normal 9:30 pumping time. It will be later in the day, like 11 or 12. I'm thinking this is probably the best time to start weaning. I'd go to one pumping session per day for the next 2 weeks, then I could cut out the pumping altogether after that. Will that work?

I still plan on nursing in the AM and before bed and maybe keep her late afternoon session for now. I just want to be done pumping at work!

Advertisement

kts1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
Cathypie
Registered Users
seller

Pumping at work is an enormous pain in the butt. It might take more than a couple weeks to slow your supply down and not be uncomfortable. My schedule at work was pretty much the same and did exactly that. I switched to one pump half way through the day. I did nurse around 3 when I got home. Now my work schedule is different but if it had stayed the same, I would just be nursing in the morning and when I got home. Then bedtime.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
addiejane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weaning and stopping pumping

When I stopped pumping at work I pumped just a little to relieve the discomfort and after a couple of weeks I did not need to pump at all at work.
addiejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
triplet-momma
Registered Users
seller

I was originally pumping at 10 and 3, then dropped down to just pumping at noon for about 3 weeks, and now I'm on my second week of no pumping at work just feeding at home
Old 04-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #5
kts1120
Registered Users
seller
seller

Today is day 3 and so far so good! I've been able to pump both days around 11:30 and have been fine all morning and in the afternoons until I nurse again.

I thought I felt a bit "full" on Monday, but it may have been a case of mind over matter. And I seem to be pumping more than I normally would.
kts1120 is offline   Reply With Quote