Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #11
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I contracted consistsntly (3-10 an hour) with dd from 36-41.5 weeks.

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect

Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #12
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I was in labor and delivery last night; has this happened to anyone else?

yep -- I have an irritalbe uterus too and with my last 2 and including this one have started with regular contractions at about 20- 24 weeks.... Its very annoying and makes it hard to tell when your actually in labor... with my 2nd my water broke naturally and she was born less than 2 hours after that.... my 3rd Iwas having contractions like I had been for WEEKS... I was 3 cm dialated and dr broke my water which pushed me over into labor and he was born 3 hours later... I was 37 weeks with both of them....

I am having regualar contractions (also was in L&D last Monday) and was only 1 cm dialated and they didn't even fully stop contractions.. just slowed them down and since I'm not dilating too fast they sent me home... I'm still here.. a week later still contracting but don't know if I"m dialating anymore.. I go back to the dr. tomorrow...
Old 04-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #13
aubreyaks
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes! This has been happening to me too! I thought for sure LO was coming this weekend. I have been dilating though, but not past 2.5 cm. My bags have been packed since 23 weeks, it is getting really annoying.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #14
247mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, I too have an "irritable uterus" I am trying really hard to not pay attention to how often they come this pregnancy- I really obsessed over it the last two pregnancies. When it is full-on labor, it will take all your concentration, take your breath away and such. Hope you don't have to go through it for the next month, but it won't last forever, you'll be holding your baby soon enough (but hopefully not until you are full term, right?)
247mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #15
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yep. Getting those omg I remember those kinda contractions. They aren't frequent enough yet. But it's the kind I remember laying in the hospital bed fighting. But I am only gettin a few at a time mixes with just the annoying contractions that are just there and uncomfy but not that painful concentrating on them going away kind.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #16
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My uterus is irritable as well snd i've been ignoring all the cramps that are just cramps. So far except during my UTI nothing has felt 'real' or made me worry... Though if thing felt real i'd get excited at this point.

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect
Old 04-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #17
jenni_michelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been having lots more BH contractions recently and they are becoming lots more frequent. It used to be I'd just have them afternoons or when I overly did it. Now they are coming all throughout the day. I started getting BH around 18weeks this time around and definitely have an irritable uterus... all it takes to get a contraction is my youngest putting a bit of pressure on my belly with his hand. I have to say I'm starting to get annoyed by them. Especially since they are more frequent and I still have 6 weeks left till my due date. I don't even want to fathom the possibility of going beyond 6 weeks at this point. They have been strong enough in the past few weeks to take my breath away and make feel like I'm going to pee my pants! I'm glad that it doesn't necessarily mean PTL, but I'm sad to see so many of you went 'over' 40 weeks.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #18
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh yeah. The slightest touch sends mine into contractions too. Sucks!!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #19
court3189
Registered Users
seller

Crashing too-Yes! With my second two pregnancies-the second they called it preterm labor, but with the third they just deemed it irratable uterus. I started thinning with my second in my late 20weeks, but with meds/bedrest went to term. With my third, they didn't do anything to stop them other than encourage rest and hydration, I began making slow progress the last month.

Mom to Mason (3/2003) and Maddie (11/2007) and Morgan (3/2011)
court3189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #20
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

Me too. Irritable uterus. Been in L&D three times so far. Contractions every 3 minutes when I was on the machine at L&D at 30 weeks, but no dilation. Now it varies, but it's pretty typical for me to have them every 4-6 minutes throughout the day. Sometimes it helps to lay down, sometimes makes no difference. They haven't been very painful up until the last week or so and now sometimes they hurt but not like it would if it were "real labor".

Super frustrating, like others have said. I worry I won't know if it IS real labor, and it just gets tiresome and sometimes my stomach hurts from the contractions the day before. Sometimes my stomach will just be hard with no real break and I'm not sure what the deal is but that is described on websites that discuss IU so I guess it's normal.

I was praying to make it 34 weeks and then 36 and now I'm at 37 and this week I am READY to roll. I am just a little nervous about going into labor really quickly in the middle of the night, but it would be great to have him come this week or next.

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote