Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Marchkins Chat 4/16-4/22

Okay ladies, we need to revive this chat; I'm getting bored!

How is everyone's transitions going?

I'd always heard going from 2-3 would either be really easy or really hard and so far this has been pretty easy! (knock on wood!) We're having a few tantrum/behavior issues from our oldest, but nothing too horrible. I've gotten out twice now alone with all three and it wasn't too difficult thanks to my boobs and a baby carrier, lol.

Now we're just sitting here waiting on my sister to deliver. She was due last Thursday and looks like she'll have another late baby as well. We're just hoping it comes b/f Saturday b/c that's my Dad's surprise 60th bday party and mom/dad can't be in both places at once!!

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I rarely have time to get on the desktop and am usually on my iPod so that's one reason I've been quiet.

Transition is going ok I guess. My biggest problem is dd1 has been putting up a really big fight about naptime and bedtime. Naps actually haven't been happening. Bedtime...she screams mommy/daddy hold and it takes an hour + to go to sleep. She went to sleep around 10:30 last night after no nap that day. Then woke up screaming at 5 and I didn't get her to sleep until 7.

At least dd2 is sleeping well at night. She typically sleeps from 11-4 then sleeps until after 8. She fights sleep really bad during the day but we're working on that. She refuses the paci most of the time now, church would have been so much easier if she would have taken it but oh well.

After I had mastitis/clogged duct we got thrush. Been using nyastin for a week now and it's a lot better but her tongue is still white.

Dd1 has picked and tried to pick up dd2 by herself so I feel like I can't turn my back on her. =/ Just gotta keep an eye on her I suppose.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hey y'all! It has been awfully quiet around here lately.

We're transitioning really well, I think. I actually think going from 1-2 is a LOT easier than 0-1. We're not planning on going 2-3.

Griffin still sleeps a lot but we are starting to see some more awake time during the day. Silas is still doing *great* with everything. He adores his little brother and we haven't seen any issues with jealousy or roughness or anything. He asks to give Griffin bugs and kisses constantly.

DH has been fantastic and much more hands-on this time around, whether it be taking Silas out for the afternoon so the baby and I can relax or taking over night time duties when Griffin decides he wants to fuss for 2 hours at 3:00am. He's also been doing all of the grocery shopping (and taking Silas with him!) and helping out around the house a lot more.

DH is working noon til midnight this week which is no fun at all, but we're surviving.

Last edited by bezark; 04-17-2012 at 01:07 PM.
bezark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah more action here!!

Our transition is going amazing. I honestly can't believe it. DD1 has been so good and not jealous at all. DD2 is a super calm baby, sleeps through the night and actually let's me put her down I keep wondering when things will all start going crazy....
Old 04-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Marchkins Chat 4/16-4/22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
I rarely have time to get on the desktop and am usually on my iPod so that's one reason I've been quiet.

Transition is going ok I guess. My biggest problem is dd1 has been putting up a really big fight about naptime and bedtime. Naps actually haven't been happening. Bedtime...she screams mommy/daddy hold and it takes an hour + to go to sleep. She went to sleep around 10:30 last night after no nap that day. Then woke up screaming at 5 and I didn't get her to sleep until 7.

At least dd2 is sleeping well at night. She typically sleeps from 11-4 then sleeps until after 8. She fights sleep really bad during the day but we're working on that. She refuses the paci most of the time now, church would have been so much easier if she would have taken it but oh well.

After I had mastitis/clogged duct we got thrush. Been using nyastin for a week now and it's a lot better but her tongue is still white.

Dd1 has picked and tried to pick up dd2 by herself so I feel like I can't turn my back on her. =/ Just gotta keep an eye on her I suppose.
Sounds like you guys are dealing with a lot right now. I know when I had DS2, DS1 tried to be 'helpful' all the time and even picked up DS2 once and dropped him! Scary stuff.

We're also not having a lot of luck with the paci, but none of my kids have ever taken one really well. We will continue to try though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezark View Post
Hey y'all! It has been awfully quiet around here lately.

We're transitioning really well, I think. I actually think going from 1-2 is a LOT easier than 0-1. We're not planning on going 2-3.

Griffin still sleeps a lot but we are starting to see some more awake time during the day. Silas is still doing *great* with everything. He adores his little brother and we haven't seen any issues with jealousy or roughness or anything. He asks to give Griffin bugs and kisses constantly.

DH has been fantastic and much more hands-on this time around, whether it be taking Silas out for the afternoon so the baby and I can relax or taking over night time duties when Griffin decides he wants to fuss for 2 hours at 3:00am. He's also been doing all of the grocery shopping (and taking Silas with him!) and helping out around the house a lot more.

DH is working noon til midnight this week which is no fun at all, but we're surviving.
Your DH sounds great! My DH works 11-12 hours 6 days a week, so I'm just grateful that he takes the boys outside for an hour or two once he makes it home and then helps with baths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy View Post
Yeah more action here!!

Our transition is going amazing. I honestly can't believe it. DD1 has been so good and not jealous at all. DD2 is a super calm baby, sleeps through the night and actually let's me put her down I keep wondering when things will all start going crazy....
This is me!! I keep thinking when will the crying start or the incessant night waking, lol. My second was somewhat high needs, so I'm enjoying a more laid back baby again.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Hello everyone! I was just thinking it's very quiet here

Transition from 1 to 2 has been going pretty well. DS1 has been a bit more sassy and rude... and having a hard time listening but I honestly planned on it to be that way so it didn't take me by suprise.

DS2 is doing amazing - he nurses wonderfully, sleeps pretty good and is a fairly easy going baby. However, he's pretty gassy and doesn't like it. He cries whenever he burps and whines until he passes gas.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #7
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm spoiled with dh's schedule. He works 6:30-3 and helps me out a ton with the kids in the afternoon/evening. Dd1 took an hour and a half to go to sleep again last night. She gut up at 7:20 then fell asleep in the recliner with me and stayed asleep until 9. I was able to nurse dd2 during that time and fix part of breakfast so that was nice.

Dd2 was up from 5:30-10 last night, no idea why but screamed and cried and fussy while nursing. I don't know if I'm eating something that's upsetting her or if she's just really cranky at that time. At least she's only been getting up at 4 and 8 to nurse, I dunno what I'd do if she got up every hour or two at night.

I've been having some mood issues too and my midwife recommended a few supplements so I ordered them last night. I hope they get here soon and help.

Anybody else hungry all the time? I guess nursing takes a lot out of me - I ate supper (grilled chicken, corn, and broccoli) and was hungry about an hour later. I need to find a snack to have when I get up at night too because I get hungry then too and don't go back to sleep as well.

And just when I think pp bleeding is done there's a bit more, really aggravating and irritating. After dd1 it was crazy and cycles were messed up until I got pregnant again. Really hope that doesn't happen this time.

What diapers are you guys liking? I love the fitteds (16) and aio's (4) that I have that fit dd2 - wish I had enough that I didn't have to use prefolds but I think she'll for into bge's soon so that will help.

Sorry for the novel, stuck on the couch watching nemo for the third day in a row...I may hide it for a while.

Hoping I can get in to the chiro tomorrow too.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I'm hungry all the time too!! I normally eat two lunches (one with the kids and then I'll heat me something else up afterward).

Samuel has two big wakeful/fussy periods during the day. One from about 8am to noon and then the other from 6 to about 10pm. He just cat naps and will get fussy if left alone for too long (like 5-10 minutes), lol. He does well if he's worn, but whew, I'm just not up to 6-8 hours of baby wearing a day yet.

And I have to be honest, I haven't even started back to cloth yet. I've thought about starting back next week, but I'm just not looking too forward to it with 2 in dipes. :/ I'll probably start w/ pfs for a while and then go to my FB smalls.

And not to sound like too much of a "prize mom", can I admit I'm so jealous of your DD watching a movie all day? Since we brought the baby home, my boys have somewhat boycotted the TV. :/ Right now Cars2 is going with no one watching and I'm over here typing and giving an interview into a fake microphone about rockets and car wrecks.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #9
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Dd1 watches way too much tv - averaging at least two movies a day. But its helping my sanity and she'll grow out of it I think.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #10
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter watches too much TV also. I let her watch a few shows in the morning, but try to always have the TV off in the afternoon. The only problem with that is that she makes a huge mess and then my husband is irritated when he gets home...but I can't constantly pick up her toys if she's playing; it's really a waste of time.

Transition has been okay here- I just wish that my daughter was a little less heavy! LOL. it's impossible to make her do things when she is throwing a tantrum when we're out, because I have Micah in some sort of carrier, and she weighs almost 40 pounds! A very compact, dense 40 pounds. I was one of those parents that had to be helped by a complete stranger to get my toddler out of the parking lot at whole foods the other day, boo.
This week is awesome, though, because she's with my mom, and it's my husband's and my anniversary today. We will probably just do something small tonight, and then we're going to busch gardens hopefully Sat.

We're doing cloth and EC. Micah is making it a little harder on me because he hates to be wet, so even with a pocket on at night I have to get up and change him several times. He's also a major super-soaker. It is SO hard for me to get up, though, and I almost feel sick when I do! Claire never made me get up! He's doing great with the potty, though. I catch probably about 70% of what he's putting out.