Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #11
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: Marchkins Chat 4/16-4/22

Transition has been super easy. I'm shocked t how great DS1 is with the baby! I can't care for DS1 by myselfwhen DH is at work, so he's been cared for by family a lot and I've had the house alone to myslf and the baby.

DS2 is now 1 week old. His cord stump just fell off, and I now have mastitis. OUCH!

Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #12
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

hey gals! wowza have the past three weeks since jonah got here flew by! josiah is doing good, not too jealous. but like you Alicia, it is bed time that is completely unbearable! last night, starting at 8 I rocked him for 40 mins and then put him in his bed. he was awake until 1030!! and then my dh had to go in and lay on his floor for 20 mins until he FINALLY fell asleep. then he is constantly in and out of our bed all night. so that is a biiiiit wearing on ME!

other than that Jonah is a very calm baby, hates gas, but doesn't cry for anything but that.

i do have to go back to work in june and i am pretty upset about it, but trying not to whine about it. we have combined finances with my mom, but she is losing her job (medical transcriptionist) in june, so that means she will stay home with the boys while i work, hopefully just for a short time until she find another job. just stinky.

i also am hating the pp bleeding. its nothing for the longest time and then i will feel a gush like starting my period and there she is again in all her glory. i am ready for it to be D.O.N.E.
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #13
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok I was going through diaper to narrow my stash some. I have over 130 and that is not counting flats and prefolds.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:10 AM   #14
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
My daughter watches too much TV also. I let her watch a few shows in the morning, but try to always have the TV off in the afternoon. The only problem with that is that she makes a huge mess and then my husband is irritated when he gets home...but I can't constantly pick up her toys if she's playing; it's really a waste of time.

Transition has been okay here- I just wish that my daughter was a little less heavy! LOL. it's impossible to make her do things when she is throwing a tantrum when we're out, because I have Micah in some sort of carrier, and she weighs almost 40 pounds! A very compact, dense 40 pounds. I was one of those parents that had to be helped by a complete stranger to get my toddler out of the parking lot at whole foods the other day, boo.
This week is awesome, though, because she's with my mom, and it's my husband's and my anniversary today. We will probably just do something small tonight, and then we're going to busch gardens hopefully Sat.

We're doing cloth and EC. Micah is making it a little harder on me because he hates to be wet, so even with a pocket on at night I have to get up and change him several times. He's also a major super-soaker. It is SO hard for me to get up, though, and I almost feel sick when I do! Claire never made me get up! He's doing great with the potty, though. I catch probably about 70% of what he's putting out.
Happy belated anniversary!! DH's and mine's 7 year is this next weekend. Haven't really decided what we're going to do or what we feel like we can do. Probably just a quick dinner out alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
Transition has been super easy. I'm shocked t how great DS1 is with the baby! I can't care for DS1 by myselfwhen DH is at work, so he's been cared for by family a lot and I've had the house alone to myslf and the baby.

DS2 is now 1 week old. His cord stump just fell off, and I now have mastitis. OUCH!
Yikes at the mastitis! I hope you get that cleared up soon.