Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
FSOT pics.

Is there a way of making it a requirement that ALL items up for sale be the actual item the member is selling and not stock photos - even new items?

I'm seeing quite a bit of stock photos and/or links to stores and not the actual item(s) they have on hand and I feel this is very misleading to the buyers - granted it's a personal decision to purchase.

Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: FSOT pics.

I actually thought there was a rule on this that pictures need to be current/taken by current owner and that if stock photos were being used, a current photo of item had to be added?

Maybe I just dreamt that

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I actually thought there was a rule on this that pictures need to be current/taken by current owner and that if stock photos were being used, a current photo of item had to be added?

Maybe I just dreamt that

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post

Maybe I just dreamt that
Maybe it's because subconsciously you do want that implemented!

This is all I found:

Do I have to put pictures in my FSOT post?
It is not a rule that you must include pictures in your FSOT post, but it is recommended. This adds a level of trust that you actually have the diapers and eliminates a lot of the guesswork on the condition of the diapers. Please try to list the most recent pictures as possible so that condition is current.

Last edited by 4littlenorskes; 04-19-2012 at 01:54 PM.
4littlenorskes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
deadducky112
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would never buy from an ad without pictures and I'm probably not alone in that. I'm sure their items don't sell very well, it's their loss, not yours.
deadducky112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadducky112 View Post
I would never buy from an ad without pictures and I'm probably not alone in that. I'm sure their items don't sell very well, it's their loss, not yours.
Nope, items do sell with stock photos and links to stores...I've seen many sold threads.

Very true, it's not my loss and I've never bought from anyone that didn't have actual photos but I was just thinking about others and the fact that we've had scammers on here that used stock/links. There will always be loopholes but I figured it wouldn't hurt to make the suggestion.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If I recall(it has been a looong time since I have read over the rules), you may not use someone else's pics, like if you bought from me and then went to put it back on fsot, you could not use the pic from my ad if you had saved it. But you can use a stock photo as long as you state that it is a stock photo.
I personally do not have a problem with buying a new item from a stock photo. If it is still in the package it may make it hard to take a pic. If it is not new when it gets to me I can always file a claim(I have never had too though). Now if I was buying a used item, I would want to see a current pic.