Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
55 lbs rear facing?

are there any seats like that in the USA???

id really love one of those...

ive seen swedish ones...but not legal in the us?

if a foonf is $500, whats another $100 to import one that will rear face to 50-55 lbs?

thoughts?

Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nothing in US.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:19 AM   #3
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 55 lbs rear facing?

I have heard that it depends on your insurance agency if they will replace sweedish seats. I need to call mine about that. I can't imagine you would get a ticket simply by having one in your car with your child in it. Look at how they don't even realize when carseat are installed wrong. I am really tempted to get one for my next child when they outgrow an infant seat though. I really didn't like the radian and it sounds like that is the best that there will be out there until they get a floor on the sled used to test car seats in this country... Then again maybe I should just write my senators and US House member and tell him to make the agency put a floor on the sled!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
Pixels
Registered Users
seller

Remember that just because they have the weight limit doesn't mean they have the height capacity to actually make it there.
Pixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
brigala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are (almost) three seats on the market that will rear-face to 45 lbs: The Radian (R120 or RXT version), the Peg Perego convertible, and (almost) the Foonf - if you can wait until this summer or so.

Until we can get that floor on the test sled and allow for foot props, we probably won't be seeing any seats with more than a 45 lb RF capacity on the US market.

But any of those three seats will get an average-sized kid rear-facing to age four or five.
brigala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigala
But any of those three seats will get an average-sized kid rear-facing to age four or five.
unless your talking about my son, who is 31 pounds at 18 months and is growing 1/2 a month and gaining a pound a month. He'll make it to... 2.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsporubsky View Post
unless your talking about my son, who is 31 pounds at 18 months and is growing 1/2 a month and gaining a pound a month. He'll make it to... 2.
my ds might be in ur ds's shoes...hes 3 1/2 months and 17 pounds...
my brother, who is 6 feet 6 inches, weighed 33 pounds at his one year check up...